“Where's Your Merchandise?”

Yankee Candle Flagship Store
More attraction details
Owner description: This 80,000-square-foot space is the world's largest candle store and factory.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Every time my wife and I go into this place there seems to be less and less merchandise. What is there is not made in USA. In other words crap. There displays seem to have fallen into disarray. We were looking at the Byers Choice and what they had were broken and some looked disheveled. Look at the labels on the ornaments all foreign made as is most everything in the place. They seem to have made a name for themselves so now I guess they don't care. Even there over priced candles my wife doesn't find as good as some of the lesser expensive ones she gets elsewhere. They have a popcorn, fudge and candy counter, but be prepared to Pay $$$$$$!!

1  Thank backpackingfool
in 12 reviews
"santa's workshop"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The smells of candles greet you from the time you exit your vehicle. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. If you can't find something they will find it for you. There is no limit to the selection.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We've driven past this place several times, and went this year only because I was assured its not just about candles. That is true to a point, but its mostly about the candles. You'll find crafty sort of stuff for home decor, a decent, non-electronic toy section, and a large Christmas ornament area. We didn't get a chance to see the snow fall even though we waited. It was pretty crowded, but it was the day after Thanksgiving. I was looking forward to Popcornopolis but the line was too long, and from what I could see, only a few different types of popcorn. On a different line, we did manage to get some hot pretzels and some waters. Your average american male, unless he is into candles, will feel tortured. Your average american woman if she's into candles will probably like it. Its all stuff you don't need, but may like. The first visit is the last visit for us.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My older daughter found this gem and brought us all back for a Christmas shopping spree. I had previously visited the Yankee store in Williamsburg, VA and I can say that this is better!

We arrived 11:30 on a Friday morning and shopped until 6:30 in the evening. We did take a break for a light lunch in the courtyard. I can tell you that Mrs. Clause's deli is a bit over priced but has decent food. The popped corn is wonderful and you can taste test all the flavors before purchasing any. The forrest has snow that actually melts... every few minutes. Santa and Mrs. Clause are there too.

There is something for everyone: a general store with gourmet food items, houseware gifts, garden items, soaps, clothing, a wide variety of accessories, collectibles, Christmas decorations galore, toys, books, gargoyles... yes; gargoyles, and candles... every scent you can imagine and then some!

You could go there and spend all day and not buy anything. But it would take a lot of will power!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I drive on 91 past the exit for Yankee Candle at least once a month. I discover they had a Popcornopolis inside so that is what made me finally detour off the highway.

Its candles people! No need to shove and bash each other with your carts. I have never seen people get so excited over candles.

I get a sneezing fit every time I walk inside and have to cover my nose/mouth with my jacket.

The popcornopolis is very good except that they are really stingy with the samples. They also have fudge which they give you microscopic samples of (which is a good thing because its not very good).

I guess you get delirious about candles this is the place for you.

If you like popcorn I recommend the Popcornopolis inside.