“nice family atmosphere”

Barre Mill Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice family atmosphere. Could use a bit of a face lift as far as the decor inside and out, but still a nice friendly small "home town" restaurant. Basic menu, but always very good with a very friendly staff !! Try the baked stuffed scallops, always cooked just right. And the pizza is the best in this area, like home made !!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The restaurant has been recently painted and is much brighter inside. There is a salad bar and the ingredients are usually fresh and cold. My only complaint about it are the bowls are too small so when you’re attempting to toss your salad some inevitably spills on the table. Entrees are served with thin slices of homemade bread. I had the baked stuffed haddock with lobster newburg sauce and it was very good. The fish was done perfectly. My companion had a lobster casserole with shrimp and scallops that was on the specials menu and he said it was very good as well. Soup of the day was a chicken soup which he said was bland. The seafood chowder is very good. This is not “fine dining” but it a family restaurant and the food is fairly good.

1  Thank Weezi67
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The salad bar is below average. The croutons are the small square ones that you use for stuffing. The bacon bits are the cheaper kind. But, none of this bothers me if my main dish is excellent. I ordered clams. They were not cooked and had the consistency of rubber bands with bellies that were luke warm at best. I tried my best to eat a couple. Then finally when it was apparent my meal was uneaten. They asked if everything was "okay". Long story short I was given an opportunity to have a NEW batch made. I THINK that I was given the same batch cooked a bit longer. I hope they did not do this. That is a health code violation to do so. But, you know what you had on your plate before and you know what it would look like cooked again. enough said.

4  Thank K T
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Decent prices, good food, casual atmosphere. They have a nice salad bar and the prime rib is great.

1  Thank Tvessair
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This place is old. It needs updating it is VERY outdated. The ceiling has water damnage all over it, it smells like mold, the carpets are old and stained. When we got int he parking lot there seemed to be quite a few cars then when we went in it was all older people. I wouldn't recommend this for children, there menue for kids was VERY limited. The prices were average, but I wouldn't spend anything higher than $12.00 here because of the type of place it is.
The staff were very friendly.

3  Thank Pugmum15

Been to Barre Mill Restaurant? Share your experiences!