“Fun Place to Eat”

Ranked #4 of 311 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Highland Kitchen is a family-owned neighborhood restaurant and bar located "up the hill" in the heart of Somerville. HK has been delivering American comfort food, well-crafted cocktails, friendly service and a killer jukebox since 2007.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Five of us went to the Highland Kitchen on a Sunday for lunch. The bill was $130 including drinks. Three of had the hamburger which was great with hand cut fries. My son had the pulled pork sandwich that he loved and we ordered the asparagus and mushroom omelette which was also good. Service was great and it was a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Recently stumbled on this little gem over in Somerville and I must say it's the place to be or at least try for yourself. The atmosphere is great with a lot of energy ranging from trendsetters, young professionals to families. It can get a bit loud but not to the point it's headache inducing. Drinks are yummy and not watered down. The appetizers are on point, especially the mussels and buffalo fried brussel sprouts. Entrees are generous portions that leave you feeling full. I've only had the bolognese or the Pan Roasted Boneless Half Chicken, which I highly recommend. As for the entire H.K. staff they are always friendly, professional and attentive. My friends and I will be back again for sure.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've been here for brunch and for dinner...and I love it...The menu is creative...It's hard for me to decide what to get and I always try a new and unusual cocktail (even at brunch!)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A group of friends and I, 7 in all, were looking for the right place to get together for drinks and dinner. I called the Highland Kitchen ahead of time to reserve a table. Unfortunately they don't take reservations but they took my name and said they would try to make a table ready by 9 PM.
Well, time tends to get away from you when you have cocktails and friends over the house and we arrived around 9:30.The host apologized, saying they had a table for 9 ready at 9:00 but we didn't show up. No problem we said since the drinks there are excellent, as well as the great bartenders. So we stood and chatted a bit longer enjoying the fine spirits prepared by Joe, Will, and Bice, as well as playing a few choice tunes on their excellent jukebox.
A short time later a table was ready. We ordered, and in no time were eating a fine assortment of apps, including oysters and deep fried brussel sprouts. Dinner was perfect. After there was no pushing to clear the table so we sat for a bit longer, chatted and finished our drinks.
A great night was had by all.

1  Thank Sulldoggy
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Their Sunday brunch is awesome. Go there! Shrimp and grits is all I have to say!!!!! (and maybe a cocktail!).

1  Thank TAmo1132