“Convenient location, free parking!”

Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Somerville
Rome, New York, United States
“Convenient location, free parking!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We travel to Boston 3 or 4 times a year so we've stayed in a number of different hotels. This Holiday Inn is newly remodeled and our room was clean and bright. The location isn't pretty, but it is convenient to the orange line. And free parking at a Boston hotel is always a plus! Skip the breakfast buffet - at $12pp, not worth it. Other than that, we'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are a great location!! I apologize you felt our breakfast buffet was not worth it. We are currently renovating our restaurant and will be sure to pay attention to our breakfast buffet. I am glad you will be back to see us. Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently spend a night in Boston before heading to a conference in NH. Very close to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, the hotel provides complementary shuttle services there. After walking around Boston all day, you can take the orange subway line to Sullivan Square and it is a quick walk from there. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the fitness center is small but has enough to offer to get a workout in while traveling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nixe708
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you Nixe708! We are so pleased you stayed with us, and let us know what a value, and great hotel we are. We look forward to you visiting with us again in the future. Thank you for staying with us.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Boston did not seem to have very affordable accommodations for medium to low budget travellers. We found a very good deal at this Holiday inn located just a few minutes by subway for downtown Boston.

great service & beautiful and clean rooms! There is even a pool so you can do a couple of laps before indulging in the must-try Regina's pizza & Mike's pastry.

Would definitely recommend this hotel!
Cheers

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Annie G
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Annie G, Thank you for letting us know what a great hotel, and what a great value we are when traveling to Boston. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to indulge yourself with Mike's pastry. We look forward to seeing you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel are welcoming and friendly and the rooms are quite spacious. The location - while being in a drab commercial area - is reasonable but by no means spectacular. The T stop is less than ten minutes' walk, and there is a free hotel shuttle. However that's where my positive comments end.

I paid a lot of money for my room - $300 a night (with breakfast and wifi). However what I expected for that outlay is definitely not what I encountered. $300 is an international hotel rate, and for that sort of money I expect some quality assurance. What let this hotel down was an absence of care about the facilities.

I won't bore you with the full list, but it came down to issues like a room door that wasn't functioning properly, WiFi that was inconsistent to the point of being useless in the evenings, the lack of a safe in the room and - even though there are no smoking rooms - the lack of an ashtray at the front of the hotel, forcing guests to use a conventional rubbish bin.

Come on guys, you can do better than this. Your location is second rate. Nothing you can do about that, but you could make more of an effort to sort out the countless minor problems with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ThePrivacySurgeon
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am pleased my staff is welcoming and friendly, our team does like taking care of our guests. I apologize for the room condition, I will be sure to address the items you mentioned. Thank you for staying with us!
Oxford,
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is located near bus stops and a subway station, but the surrounding area is totally uninteresting. I don't know what it has to do with Bunker Hill. What I disliked most was the continual traffic noise, which made it difficult to sleep even with earplugs. The windows are not adequately insulated. There was an issue with the lifts. One of the lifts got stuck and the door to the stairs was locked, and no staff at the front desk. There are no changing rooms or lockers or showers in the swimming pool area. The pool is too deep at one end which could be dangerous for children. Because of the traffic noise there is no way I could stay here again. Otherwise just an average Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize our hotel did not meet your expectations and you left feeling we are just average. This is not the impression we want to leave our guests with. We are finalizing a complete renovation of the property. We will work on the items you mentioned. Thank you again and thank you for staying with us.
Antofagasta, Chile
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Our room was burglarized in this hotel, on the 8th of may, room 804.. Somebody stole my camera, a Canon rebel t3, along with the battery charger and telephoto lens. I was there for the graduation of my friend. May 7th-9th, 2013. I will never ever go back there and it was my first and my last time at a holiday inn in the world.. The air conditioner smelled like mold. And the breakfast was very poor.. Sorry guys but I have been in many hotels. And this was the worst hotel I have ever been to that I had to pay over $200 a night for.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Raul E
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Raul E--Thank you for you comments. I assure you this is not the service our hotel is in the habit of proving to our guests. Please reach out to me directly so we can resolve this issue. My direct line is 617 621 1921. I look forward to speaking with you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice hotel and enjoy the amenities the hotel has to offer. Shuttle services within 3 miles of the hotel. T station about a 6 minute walk. A few subway stops from downtown Boston. The room was very clean. It appears the hotel has updated the rooms recently because the carpet looks quite new. The hotel has a restaurant and a bar. Indoor swimming pool. Small but effective gym.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Our hotel was just recently renovated and is a great value when staying near the colleges. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
#2 of 20 in Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Royal Sonesta Boston
#4 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill? Share your experiences!