“Good price Good place / Bon prix Bonne endroit”

Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Somerville
Reviewed October 27, 2012

+: good price, free parking, free wi-fi, lot of channel if you want to listen tv, clean, big room and big bed, some of the staff (doorman and cleaning staff) was very polite and smiley, except for the desk staff who seem not happy to work! We talk to the manager Wednesday night when we decide to book another night and he was very professional and nice. -: the temperature of the pool was really to cold and the desk staff really needs to get a smile. We did not eat there so I can’t comment about that.

1  Thank EmilyGilbert
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We love taking care of our guests, and appreciate you letting us know how we did. I apologize that my front desk team left you with that impression. I assure you we share these comments with the team and take them very seriously. I hope you will be back to see us so we can show you how truly hospitable the whole team is.

Thank you for staying with us!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here because more conveniently located hotels in Cambridge were full up. This Holiday Inn has been recently renovated, has comfortable rooms and a good view, includes convenient free parking, and is decently priced by local standards. The big drawback is its location: there is absolutely nothing in the immediate vicinity, not even a place to get a cup of coffee or a soda. If you don't have a car, this is a major problem. On the other hand, with a car it's not far to Cambridge or downtown Boston -- although you then face the challenge of parking at the other end..

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have a view of downtown Boston.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wanderlust777

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you feel we are a good value.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was clean, but it was in a bad part of town. It was walking distance to the subway station, but the walk was not pretty. The people working at the hotel were nice, but did not go out of their way to make it an awesome stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Bonnie R
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I currently am staying at the Holiday Inn in Somerville for an extended period of time for work. The location is great as it is very close to the T, the rooms are decent and parking is free. For the short 15 ride to downtown, it's a good value. HOWEVER - today I am not pleased at all. I typically leave the "do not disturbe" sign on the door, but I was out of towels so I let housekeeping do their thing and replace towels/linens. I returned from work to find the door to my room had been left open. As most people can imagine, you just get that terrible feeling when you walk into the room. There is no safe, so my belongings were all out in the open for ANYONE walking by to help them self to. Not impressed one bit - Shutting a door is a very simple task. Ensure that your guests feel safe next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz P

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased to read you are enjoying your stay, however very disappointed to read of the recent events. I assure you we will look into this. Thank you for brining this to our attention.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

my partner and i are due to leave this place tomorrow. Its a lovely hotel. Our room is huge, as is the bed. Everything is clean and i certainly appreciate the coffee machine in the room.
Its only 5 mins from the orange line T stop and then you're in downtown Boston in 10mins. This is a real find. I'm very happy we chose this place.

1  Thank mwlondon29
Terri A, Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our property. We are very happy you chose us! We are very convenient to Boston via the "T" and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this. Thank you for staying wtih us.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel for one night on September 29th 2012 with my wife. Chose this facility due to moderate rates compared to other Boston Hotels. Our Stay was pleasent. The hotel had very nice clean Room with all facilities. The parking lot was huge and almost full, indicating the popularity of tis hotel. We had breakfast at the restaurent in the morning. It was so-so.

Over all, very good value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property on Trip Advisor.

The staff is very excited to read reviews from our customers. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel and our breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to the Boston Area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My son and I were visiting the Boston area for a few days to check out colleges. The rates in Boston were just too expensive and we settled on the much more reasonable Holiday Inn in Somerville. The location was perfect for our needs. Just a few miles from Boston. When I asked the man at the desk about getting to the the train station in the morning, he asked where we were headed and booked us on the hotel shuttle. The driver was super nice. We didn't get a return shuttle because weren't sure when we would be coming back so we caught the bus which stopped right out front. The room was clean and kept up which is really all I ask. I didn't use the gym but my son did and he was pleased to have at least the basics for his workout. Overall a terrific trip. Now let's just hope he gets accepted into the college he wanted!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank soccermom1315
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Cambridge
Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
#2 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill? Share your experiences!