“GREAT LOCAL SALOON”

Olde Magoun's Saloon
Ranked #55 of 320 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We have 21 rotating taps featuring local and import craft beers all served in their own unique glassware. Our menu has all your pub favorites including sandwiches, burgers, pizza and hearty entrées like beef stew, mac & cheese and fish & chips. On Wednesdays we feature a special menu highlighting a different cuisine each month. Start you weekends off right with our special brunch menu and our famous bloody mary. You can catch all the sports action on our 6 HD projector screens.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Was going out with friends to a show in the area. We decided on this place due to its menu. So glad we went it was great. I had the Portabello Melto and my boyfriend had a B.L.T. We both very happy with our meals. I was with a party of 12 people and we were seated immedidately no problem. All were happy with our drinks/atmosphere/food. We will definately go again if we are ever in this neighborhood.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is my local pub. I love this place! Huge rotating beer menu (30ish beers on tap), great food every time I've gone, and awesome specials. If you can make it for their Wednesday specials, I would highly recommend them. The brunch is particularly awesome: Jameson-soaked French Toast, Magners-glazed apples, and Bailey's whipped cream. And that is just my favorite brunch item there. They have a bunch more, that are all good. No one I've gone here with has ever complained about the meal.

Word of caution, check if the local teams are playing - Bruins, Pats, Sox- because if they are, the place will be a mad-house. My only complaints would be the fact it's a sports bar (not a sports person) and that service can be a bit slow when they are busy (duh).

Reservations only accepted for large parties, FYI, but they will tell you how long your wait might be if you call them first.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great food. The menu is not your ordinary pub food. Great beer. The list is long to choose ftom. There is something for everyone. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My friends & I went St. Patty's weekend, and that was a mistake since this is an "irish pub". This quaint little place can get very crowded - SRO. Good sign, but table seating to eat seems to be first come, stay as long as you want. The hostess kept promising us a table and actually asked us to hover near and "stalk" a tableful of people who were just drinking. Two hours after arriving we were finally seated for some delicious dinner. Interesting menu that appears to be well done by the kitchen. My duck bahn (sandwich) was wonderful with good chunks of duck laid into an interesting oriental slaw. I would recommend this place, but not during busy times nor band hours. The band that came on at 800pm was very loud and not very good - and yes, I am an old geezer but love my rock n roll.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'd never been to this place before, despite it being close to my apartment.

The neighborhood appears a bit rough, sign said to seat ourselves when we arrived, and it took ~12 minutes to have a waitress appear to take our drink order.

It appears that they have a different specialty menu every month. We were lucky enough to go during the bacon-menu. The bacon-menu items were OUTSTANDINGLY DELICIOUS. My wife had items that were not from the bacon-menu as well. There was even a bacon old-fashioned, which is nice that the bar ties in with the special menu.

Based on the large selection of quality beers and the quality of food that came out, we will be back. There's things that the restaurant could improve upon, certainly, but nothing that will keep me from going back.