“too sugary!”

Lyndell's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Somerville
“too sugary!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This review is based solely on the numerous cakes and cupcakes I have had from here... I know they sell a variety of cookies but I haven't tried them. The frosting on the cake is SO sugary. I like sweet stuff but this is overwhelmingly so. The cake itself could be a little moister, and the frosting is just overpowering. That being said, they make really good brioche dinner rolls!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jill W

Jackson, New Hampshire
“The best!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The best mocha cakes ever!!! My husband drives 6 hours round trip every year to get me Lyndell's mocha cakes for my birthday!

• Visited November 2013
“Latte”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My latte is my morning ritual and it has to be done right. I was driving by and saw Lyndells so I thought I can give it a shot. I have ordered a latte. It was very heavy and tasted like there was no milk in it. Their pastry section was very large, I might give another try to the bakery section but not the coffee for sure!

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mocha cakes + Half-and-half cakes = Heaven”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

When I was a girl growing up on Willow Ave. (many years ago), this was a great treat for us. And though the sizes are smaller (as with everything else), the quality is still second-to-none. BTW, we used to call them half-and-half cakes; they are now called half moon pies. Also love the Boston creme pies (pictured). Still delicious!

2 Thank Julie K
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Half-Moons (Black and Whites) and Custard Pie”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a great place to get those puffy cakey cookies with chocolate and vanilla frosting, either called "Black and Whites" or "Half-Moons." Also, I am a custard pie lover - and theirs is really good.

• Visited December 2012