“a neighborhood treasure”
Review of Lyndell's Bakery

Lyndell's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Somerville
Reviewed May 5, 2012

great cupcakes and half moons! i'm told the cookies can be dry; i never have had them.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good moon pies and lobster tails and eclairs...not real inventive...not real cheap...good, none-the-less

1  Thank Elspeth
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This bakery/luncheon place is an average place at best. Baked goods are barely passable, coffee nothing to write home about. Service was prompt and friendly but products served were a disappointment. It's a skip it im my mind.

1  Thank BDL25
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We visited Lyndell's during my birthday weekend. I'm new to the Boston area and wanted to try the best Boston Cream Pie this city has to offer.

From the fresh chocolate frosting on top, to the spongy-soft freshness of the cake, Lyndell's did not disappoint! We also picked up a traditional black & white cookie to have for breakfast the next day. Oh my goodness. I can still taste the frosting and the freshness of the cake-like cookie part when I mention it. A person could get addicted :)

I've recently moved here from NYC, and this bakery has all the hallmarks of my favorite places in that city. I love a good mom & pop shop that has been in business for decades (in Lyndell's case , for over 100 years), and that has kept the old-school recipes and techniques from over the years.

Lyndell's is a quality establishment. I wish I were there now!

1  Thank City P
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 28, 2008

super cheap and their half moons are awesome

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook