“Excellent Quality from a Local Restaurant”
Review of Pescatore

Pescatore
Ranked #80 of 312 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Driving past Pescatore this week I couldn't help but think that I am glad to have quality dining in a beautiful atmosphere in a local restaurant! Not only do I enjoy a visit to the restaurant for casual but elegant dining with friendly, personal service providing excellent cuisine; but often we order dinners or pizza for pick up on nights we don't feel like cooking but want some good, clean, authentic food. I recommend the eggplant Parmesean, mussels or clams with pasta, haddock, or any pizza. Always a hit, never a miss! Happy to see Saturday and Sunday brunch is now being of offerred. Seems a shame to waste that beautiful dining area when there is clearly a demand for breakfast in the area. Anna continues to build upon her formula for success with Pescatore by managing a great kitchen and dining room and continuing to ensure quality every time.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pescatore is an Italian seafood lover's dream, especially for people from a place such as New Mexico, where excellent seafood is a special treat! Small, quiet and romantic with attentive service. Pescatore offers beautifully prepared and presented Italian pastas with seafood. My wife loved the lobster ravioli; I loved the seafood risotto. Ummmmm. Decent wine list and very reasonable prices. It is worth a little effort to find it near the intersection of Broadway and Boston streets.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

When four Italians (three born and brought up there) are unanimous in their praise of the quality of the food in a restaurant that offers Italian dishes only, it says a lot about just how good it is! Even the basket of bread deserves high praise. The Fusili Amalfi (Fra Diablo, of course) was simply delicious, with a sauce that made me sop up what was left with some of the aforementioned bread! The crabcake appetizer with the straw onions was and inspired and delectable start to the meal. The wine list is eclectic, and reasonably priced. Do yourself a favor, and visit there soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a fantastic find. You get North End-quality food for just a little bit more than the surrounding Somerville restaurants. I like taking my parents here, the food is always good and we have a fantastic time.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were a party of 5 out for dinner. Decided to give this place a try. Two in our party decided to try the one of the specials on the menu, the cioppino. The swordfish steak, risotto pescatore and the fusilli amalfi were also ordered. We waited for our meals for about 25-30 even though the retaurant was only half full. At first, when we saw our dishes arrive, they looked great. I couldn't wait to dig in. My first bite caught me totally by surprise. Pasta was not hot and it almost seemed like they forgot to add the seasonings!! I tried the cioppino and it was like eating a can of Chef Boyardee without any seasoning added. I see some reviews where people love this place so makes me think whoever was ccoking tonight had an off day. The only good thing was the wine. Service was ok. We were totally disappointed and will not be back for a second try.

1  Thank hab02026