“Love places like this!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Reading, United Kingdom
“Love places like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited on a weekday lunchtime. They have a buffet that offers very tasty food at great value. It was very peaceful at this time of day (I have seen it busier in the evenings); the Tibetan music they have playing in the background is almost like meditation. Most of the people in here were in here alone just relaxing reading (we went as a couple) and it did feel like we were in a library a little. I have walked past this place on a Friday night and it is packed. The food was delicious; really appetizing green lentil soup, and the black-bean stew is scrumptious. I really like their delicate use of spices, and the food carries a really authentic feel.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Auburn ME
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything exotic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We try not to eat at Martsa more than once a day when we're in Somerville, but it's hard! The menu offers Thai dishes, Indian dishes, and Tibetan food, which is somewhere in between. The buffet helps introduce you to their special offerings and exotic flavors.

Visited November 2013
“I would love to visit again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my friends to try Tibetan food...without any clue of food taste and even we had no idea wat should we order but the waitress was so helpful....what ever she recommended was excellent...I just love it...thanks for the wonderful food n services.will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Tenzdase
Denver, Colorado
“wonderful meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stopped in here for the first time a few weeks ago when they were serving only buffet style, but that was fine with me, as I was very hungry. I loved all the dishes, and there are plenty of vegetable options. I wish the momos had been steamed rather than fried, but the tingmo (steamed bread) was also good.

The restaurant itself is clean and casual. It wasn't very busy at all when I went there (during lunch), and so service was excellent & very friendly, and the restaurant is in a good location. I will definitely be back.

I wish they had a website.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gillian A
Reno, Nevada
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

A fun, large menu with lots to choose from. We had the veggie momos (mainly spinach), a ginger tofu vegetable dish, brown rice, and the mango noodles. I would say that the flavoring of the noodle dish was the best, but everything was tasty, if not as intensely flavorful as I would have liked. The staff was very nice and attentive and the ambiance was pleasant. And the price was great. I would definitely return to try some other options (e.g., we didn't try any curries).

Visited May 2013