“wonderful meal and service”
Review of Martsa on Elm

Martsa on Elm
Ranked #36 of 307 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Asian, Tibetan
Denver, Colorado
“wonderful meal and service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stopped in here for the first time a few weeks ago when they were serving only buffet style, but that was fine with me, as I was very hungry. I loved all the dishes, and there are plenty of vegetable options. I wish the momos had been steamed rather than fried, but the tingmo (steamed bread) was also good.

The restaurant itself is clean and casual. It wasn't very busy at all when I went there (during lunch), and so service was excellent & very friendly, and the restaurant is in a good location. I will definitely be back.

I wish they had a website.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gillian A

Reno, Nevada
“Worth a try”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A fun, large menu with lots to choose from. We had the veggie momos (mainly spinach), a ginger tofu vegetable dish, brown rice, and the mango noodles. I would say that the flavoring of the noodle dish was the best, but everything was tasty, if not as intensely flavorful as I would have liked. The staff was very nice and attentive and the ambiance was pleasant. And the price was great. I would definitely return to try some other options (e.g., we didn't try any curries).

Visited May 2013
Milton, Massachusetts
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and went to Davis sq to see a play at the Davis sq theatre. We heard about all the great restaurants in the area so we got to Davis sq early so we could check out all of them. Wow, a ton of choices! After walking up and down the block and looking at about 15 choices we decided to try this Tibetan restaurant as we have never experienced this type of food choice before. Well, we were so glad we did. We were seated quickly by our waitress who was very friendly and helpful. Not knowing what to order we asked the waitress. With a big smile she outlined what turned out to be the best dinner. Momos veg and meat, Pak choi and lamb and brown rice was the best. We ordered Kingfisher ale to complete the meal. The best.

1 Thank NeverGrowUp_55
London, United Kingdom
“Discover something new”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon Martsa on Elm after going to the cinema in Davis Sq, and we're really glad we did. Neither of us had had Tibetan food before, and we really enjoyed it. We mentioned to the waiter that we weren't sure what to have from the menu, and he was really helpful.

He advised we start with the momo's and suggested a selection of pork, beef and veggie, and a mixture of fried and steamed. I quite enjoyed them, but I didn't think they were anything massively special. I enjoyed the mains much more, again as suggested by our waiter. We had a coconut chicken curry, and a spicy stir-fried lamb, both of which were really really delicious.

The service was helpful and overall we enjoyed the meal. The atmosphere was fine - nothing special, but really for us it was all about the food! Would certainly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
Louisville, KY
“My favorite restaurant from our Boston trip!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Having just deplaned and having not slept much before eating at Martsa on Elm, I am about to do Martsa the disservice of not naming the dishes or beverages I consumed there. However, everything I had was delicious. My husband & I opted for the buffet, and we were not disappointed. Standouts: chicken curry, in which the chicken almost seemed slow-cooked like some Southern barbecue; and a lime-mint-soda beverage whose name escapes me but which was both interesting & refreshing. This was our first meal on a recent trip to Boston, and it remained my favorite.

• Visited July 2012