“Great coffee and pastry”
Review of True Grounds

True Grounds
Ranked #6 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Somerville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 13, 2013

One of the few coffee shops that discourage chronic cybersquatting, you might be able to get a seat. Nice staff and very tasty pastries, worth the trip to Ball Square.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Some places I’m sold on when I walk in the door. Others take a little while to grow on me. Some never do and so I don’t bother writing about them. It’s fair to say that I was sold on True Grounds from the moment I saw it from across the street. I’m not sure why, but I’ve learnt over the years to trust my coffee shop radar: it rarely lets me down. So it was with True Grounds

True Grounds is a neighbourhood coffee shop par excellence. It’s the sort of neighbourhood coffee shop that makes you want to move into the neighbourhood. It might be off the beaten track up in Somerville, north of Boston, but I’m glad that I went out of my way to pay it a visit. What makes it for me is the space, a bright, sunny, warm and welcoming place to drink my coffee, which was, by the way, excellent.

I might have been swayed by the bright, sunny day, but whatever it was, True Grounds made a lasting impression on me!

1  Thank BrianW_Coffee-Spot
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good food and a nice atmosphere. Really good lunch sandwiches and sallads, a lot of people enjoy bringing their computers and getting work done. They make a mean chocolate chip cookie too.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I liked the coffee and the feel of the place alot, but it took forevvvvvvver to get a coffee. I thought it was a fluke but went back for a second cup and it took forevvvvvver again. I give it four stars but not sure I'd go back unless I was trying to kill time.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Our family gathered here for some coffee and some treats. I was pleased that they had gluten free snacks to choose from. The coffee was average, but good. Enjoyed our time together here.