“CLEAN AND SO QUIET!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Somerville
A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York, USA
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here in Sept. 2013; quick check in, very clean halls, and room. The room we had[209] was directly above front door. Heard no noise whatsoever!!! Extremely clean!! Great rate for Mass General patients, great breakfast too!!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta for 5 nights. They let us check in before time which i really appreciated.The staff were friendly and pleasant. We were given two queen size beds between 4 of us and they were very comfortable. There was a flat screen tv with 32 channels. The room included a coffee maker air conditioner/heater and they could of had nicer carpets.They had a shower/bath and a toilet in the bathroom, they were nice. The sink was outside the bathroom which i found strange. The breakfast was served weekdays 6-9 and weekends 7-10. It was basic continental breakfast.There is a gym/fitness centre but NO SWIMMING POOL. There are shops across the road, good shops at that. The hotel is in no great location but it provides a free shuttle bus to the airport and to the nearest subway station which is about 4 minutes drive.This brings you to the centre of Boston in ten minutes but you have to change train. It is very convenient. You must get the number 90 bus back which drops you just across from the hotel.The free shuttle bus collects you from the airport when you arrive if you call them and drop you of again after your holiday. I would recommend shopping in Cambridge Galleria which is 10 minutes away by subway and wrentham which is 1 hour train journey away but well worth it. It has over 600 designer shops there AKA premium outlets.

Room Tip: the higher up the quieter nad at the end of the hall but all rooms are mainly quiet.Ask for non smok...
1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta for one night on our way back to NYC at the end of a long trip. Booked at short notice and got a room with two queen beds. The room was quite comfortable - large for Boston and the bed was very comfortable. Good room temp, blackout curtains and quiet. The bathroom contained a bath/shower combination and toilet, with the sink and mirror located near the entry to the room - weird sort of arrangement but still ok. The rooms were very clean, if looking a little tired. The hotel was a bit difficult to get through at first due to the spaghetti of roads - we could see it but just couldn't get there! Checkin was easy and staff very pleasant. Breakfast included but finished at 9am so we missed out - they still let us grab a coffee and bagel. Checkout also easy. Plenty of free parking. Location isn't much to look at but close by drive to the city and there are shops close by.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Falmouth
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Everything a traveler needs for few nights' stay. Big parking lot (free), helpful staff, free shuttle, comfortable and clean rooms and beds. Decent breakfast but coffee cups too small. Pet friendly. Medical rates very good. Just off major highway so can be noisy at morning and evening rush hours.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I asked the gentleman at the front desk for a quiet room and he gave it to me. He gave me the end of the hall, and fairly high up. It was super quiet and really lovely. I take architectural photos of some of the nicest spaces in our society for a living. This room was photo worthy. I nearly took a picture just for my own benefit.
I stay in a lot of hotels. This trip saw me in three different hotels in 5 days. All of them Laquinta branded. Let's just say this was the best of the three by far. To be fair it also cost more than 50% more than the others.

Room Tip: As for NE facing as it away from the freeway. I would bet, based on my experience, that all the room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently had two rooms at this hotel (one smoking and one non) and had a great long weekend. There are no smoking hotels downtown so we stayed just outside of the city with less than a 15 minutes drive in. For the location and the price, I was very pleased with this hotel.

There are 7 floors with the smoking rooms being on the 5th floor, our non-smoking room was on the 4th floor. Both rooms were quite big with ample room. One room (2 adults a toddler and a baby) had 2 queen beds and we borrowed a pack and play from the hotel. There was more than enough room for all of our things. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Our rooms were always clean. Since it was fall, we used the heat and the AC on different days and both worked as expected. The curtains were nice to block out the light and our window looked out onto a busy street, but there was no noise from the road below. The parking was fine and we always got a decent spot. There's a 99 right next door and it still never affected our parking. The elevators were very fast; never more than a few second wait.

The breakfast was good and, although sometimes crowded, we always found room. They have 2 waffle makers and other cold food items such as cereal, hard boiled eggs, bread, etc. There is also a highchair which was very helpful.

As for amenities, our room had an iron, blow dryer, fridge (which wasn't very big and didn't chill evenly, but served us fine) and tiny coffee pot. The TV had a guide which is always nice in a hotel as I never know the channel lineup.

The location was really good for staying outside of downtown. It was very easy to get into the city (less than 15 minutes without traffic, 20 with traffic). It was easy to get to a lot of tourist places (Bunker Hill, Quincy Market, etc) and Restaurants.

Overall, I this hotel was great and I will happily stay here again!

1  Thank SpreeBee
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If it wasn't for Shuttle service issues I would have rated this place as very good . The room is large , clean and quiet . The free breakfast is very popular and there is enough variety to start your day .
But the Shuttle. We cleared US Customs at 1:10 pm at Logan Airport . Went to the Courtesy Desk to ask where we could find a pay phone to call the hotel and let them know we had arrived .
The man at the desk asked which hotel and proceded to call La Quinta , He told us the Shuttle would be there at 2pm . So having been up since 5am to get to our airport we went for a coffee and snack and then went out to the waiting area at ~1:40 pm . There we waited for an hour before the Shuttle bus arrived . It seems thet the Shuttle leaves the hotel at 2pm not picks us up then - some miscommunication somewhere along the line . We were afraid to go back into the Courtesy Desk at Logan fearing that would be the very minute the Shuttle would show up.
Finally we did get to the hotel . On subsequent days we did use the Shuttle to get to the nearest T stop , There was another Shuttle issue though . On our third morning we asked for our names to be put down for the 9am Shuttle . There was only one other couple listed for the same time . When the Shuttle stopped in front of the hotel at 9am , it was rushed by a group of 6 or 7 people who were travelling together . I made it on but my friend did not and had to come on a second shuttle that dropped her off at the T Staion a fwe minutes after I got there . Not a major issue but an annoying one . We spoke with an Asst Manager about the Airport problem and this problem . I asked why when the airport called and said we had arrived that the Shuttle which would have just left the hotel could not have been notified on route that there were guests at Terminal E to be picked up - his reply 'Oh we can't do that ' . When I asked what the purpose was of making a list of guests who wanted the Shuttle at a particular time was when it seemed to be first come first served when the bus opened its doors, his reply was that 'we cannot control our guests .'
So beware of counting on the Shuttle. If you arrive by car I can recommend this hotel as being a reasonably priced option in a very $$$$ hotel market,

Room Tip: Away from the I 93 side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nurse02818
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
AC Hotel Boston North
#1 of 2 in Medford
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Holiday Inn Express Boston

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville? Share your experiences!