“Great place to stay for a college visit”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Somerville
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta for one night to visit a college in Boston. After reading the reviews, I decided to stay there even though they only have 2.5 stars. Like others have said the front desk is the friendliest and nicest I have experienced in a very long time. The GM actually checked us in and she couldn't have been nicer.
The room was a regular hotel room, nothing fancy, but it was clean and that's what matters most.
I do have to say lighting was an issue for me, especially when putting on my make up and the rubber seal on the refrigerator was hanging off, the room needed a new refrigerator. It did keep our bottle of soda cold but I wouldn't have put any food in it.
There is a large shopping center across the street and a 99 restaurant (kind of like a Friday's or Applebee's restaurant) across the parking lot, which had good food at good prices.
Not a bad place to stay for a night or even two.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, it is larger than the normal room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a great place for the couple of nights we had in Boston. The room was clean and comfy, the breakfast fine (though I'd recommend going a little early - we went down around 9:00 a.m. and it was so packed we were lucky to get a table to sit at), and the free shuttles to the train and airport were really a plus. We even called from the train when we arrived at the stop near the hotel and they sent the shuttle to pick us up.

In fact, the staff, to a person, were as friendly and helpful as anyone could want. All this, and we saved $195 over the two nights from the "reduced" conference rate we'd have paid at the Copley Place Marriott where we'd stayed for a convention the previous three nights on my company's nickel. Stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A Great Hotel comes along with an excellent Staff and good location.
Here you will find both, plus the shuttle.
Bed are confortables and the staff is proactive.
If I need to come back to Boston, I will be staying at La Quinta again.
I will recommend La Quinta at anytime.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angeluz70
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My partner and I needed a place to stay at the last minute because of a family emergency. Through Booking.com, we found La Quinta Inn and Suites. It WAS PERFECT! The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and the amenities were perfect. The staff was welcoming, professional, and accommodating. It is centrally located and within minutes of Boston proper. We would highly recommend it to anyone and will stay there again. Thank you, La Quinta Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the back side of the hotel. They are quieter. We lucked out and had a two windo...
A La Quinta traveler
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I really loved this hotel!!! We stayed here for a week in a suite and it was wonderful!!! It was big with lovely views of Somerville. Also, there is a shopping center right across the street and a Dunkin Donuts two minutes away...which are both easy to walk to. The breakfast was above average, but the coffee is horrible! Thank goodness for Dunkin Donuts! Also, do not expect a "pool" or "spa." It was more like a large bathtub. The pool room was freezing, and the pool was unbearably cold. I was hoping the pool would be heated since the room was cold, but no such luck.

It was very clean here, and the room was in perfect condition. The beds were very comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet.

We did have a wonderful stay and the staff were very friendly. We were here during the winter storm, and had beautiful views and easy walking access without driving on the snowy roads. I would definitely recommend the suite...It was the perfect size for a family of 4.
If the pool would have been heated, I would have given the hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Wonderful views...make sure you get a room on a higher floor.
2  Thank MIchelle M
A TripAdvisor Member
Troy
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here one night and left car for seven days. Great hotel and half the price of parking at Logan. Shuttle runs every hour and the ride is only 15 minutes! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone flying from Logan.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill
Hyatt Place Boston/Medford
AC Hotel Boston North
AC Hotel Boston North
#1 of 2 in Medford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville? Share your experiences!