“good stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Somerville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Really nice hotel but far from public transportation. The breakfast was good..standard fare but very crowded the weekend we were there. If they could get a bus to stop close by it would be a 5 star place to stay. There is a great sports bar right across the street that we enjoyed twice..and the room was clean and the staff was very nice.

San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed November 17, 2012

A "2.5 star" hotel that definitely brings something to the table. Very clean, cozy rooms with free wi-fi, free breakfast, and free parking? Sold. Service was very nice - I added a night on Priceline and they let me stay in my same room without checking out and back in - perfect!

The food in the morning is great - homemade waffles, fruit, coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal...pretty much anything while being kid-friendly as well. The free wi-fi was a life-saver, as both my boyfriend and I were telecommuting during our stay.

The location off of I-93 can be a little rough (in terms of us missing our exit pretty much every time we were returning here), but the quality of the hotel makes up for any minor inconveniences. Having the NinetyNine 2 seconds away was nice to have for dinner when we arrived late.

Stayed here 3 nights, then added a 4th. Very pleased with the amenities overall!

Room Tip: We were assigned to a queen. If you need more space for your luggage, etc., I recommend upgrading to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Very well located. Only at 13 minutes from the airport. Very clean at an affordable price. I enjoyed being on it. Breakfast was ok like any other hotels. Starting at 6. Next time I come I will choose it again.

• Stayed November 2012
Arkansas. USA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the La Quinta in Somerville recently while in Boston on a college visiting trip. We stayed for 4 nights. We happened to arrive shortly after Sandy and during a Nor'easter. Although I received some confusing information about the La Quinta Airport shuttle before I arrived, when we did finally arrive, it was a very simple thing to call the hotel and arrange the shuttle pickup. For those curious - the shuttle goes every hour, but only if there are passengers departing or if someone calls.

The trip from airport to hotel is very quick - probably 10-15 minutes in no traffic. The driver(s) are very, very nice. Once we arrived, we had no trouble with check-in. Our room was basic, and clean. Nothing spectacular, but nothing frightening either. The check-in staff on duty were very nice and helpful. There is a restaurant right across the parking lot and we directed there for a quick bite.

Throughout our stay we relied heavily on the shuttle to the "T". It would be pretty difficult to walk anyone from the hotel, so the shuttle service is vital and a real value-add. The cost of the airport service and/or daily taxis to the subway would have been significant.

We'd jump shuttle each morning (on the hour) to the subway - about a 5 minute ride. And, when we returned, we'd grab a cab at the train station. The cab ride was $6 and a good investment, rather than waiting for shuttle.

The in house breakfast was typical. Contiental - with boiled eggs and a waffle maker. The coffee was horrible - though. I love coffee and just couldn't drink this stuff. There is a Dunkin' Donuts in walkable distance, so I'd run over there and grab a cup in the morning. There is also a good coffee/donut place in the subway station.

The thing that really made me a forever fan of this hotel, though, happened the day I left. I arrived at airport for my flight, and was waiting in line for security when I realized I'd left my briefcase and laptop at the hotel! I was panicked! I called, thinking that I MIGHT get them to ship it. Instead, they had someone drive it to the airport for me immediately. They arrived in under 15 minutes with briefcase and smile. I was floored by their effort! Absolutely unexpected and so incredibly nice. So - these guys will do what it takes to help you.

(Side note - once I got my briefcase, I ended up behind a huge group of high school travelers in the security line and it looked like I'd miss my flight after all. A Boston Logan employee saw me in line, and apparently had observed my frantic pacing while I waited for my briefcase. He asked me when my flight was, and then walked me to front of security line so I could be sure to make my flight. Again - super unexpected and so nice). Boston - GREAT CITY. GREAT PEOPLE.

2 Thank twilbour
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had made a reservation to stay here for a weekend so I could celebrate my sons 25 th birthday who lives in Boston. I was drawn to this hotel because they are pet friendly, although i had never stayed here before, and needed a pet friendly hotel close to Boston. We live on Long Island NY and after the devastation of Sandy we decided to leave to come here on Wednesday instead of Friday. And because the area where we live still does not have power we have extended our stay. At least here we are warm , can watch TV , take a good shower, the beds are very comfortable , the blankets are warm and the pillows are not flat and lumpy , and we can get gas in our car. As for the hotel the front desk has been exceptional great and friendly. They have been very accommodating towards any of our needs. The room is kept very clean It is not fancy, but the shower has good pressure and we have our necessary comforts. Today is one week since Sandy hit our area in NY and I spoke to a neighbor on their cell phone today she was crying about how cold it is without having electric and the gas situation. I am so glad that I'm at the La Quinta so is my husband and my dog. I could never stay at a hotel that wasn't clean. This place is great

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill
Freepoint Hotel
Freepoint Hotel
#18 of 20 in Cambridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville? Share your experiences!