“Follow the Haitian can drivers”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Highland Creole Cuisine
Ranked #153 of 333 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

We live nearby and noticed a constant stream of cabs eating here. We went last night. I think we were the only non-Haitian people there. Everything comes with beans and rice ( yum). The fried plantains were not as good as I had hoped. The goat stew was great, and the mango milk drink.

Great fun, reasonable cost

Reviewed April 12, 2016

This place needs serious renovation and appeal! It is quite outdated and morbid inside. The best thing about this place is the staff! Fantastic staff! If they renovate the place and seriously work on hiring good Haitian cooks to bring back what they used to have long time ago: good Creole Cuisine with a cozy family ambient, it will be good again.

Reviewed February 3, 2016

Food was good but not great Good portions Chicken to dry. Goat was good. Nice people and good room although very basic

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I gave this 3 stars because the place and the service are not too appealing but the food is good. The decor is basic and outdated. Don't expect too much from the staff; they are not rude but just courteous. Parking also is a bit tough. You can also call to order and pick up your food.

The service was quick. I ordered the fried pork (also known as griot) with plaintains and my husband had the meatballs with rice and beans. Portions are so large that you have enough for another meal the next day (even the kid meals are huge). All orders come with bread and a salad - just a simple iceberg lettuce, tomato, a little bit of shredded carrot, and red onions. They also have a variety of good fruit drinks.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We ordered take-out from Highland on a recent trip to visit relatives. The Po' Boys were very good. I had deep fried pork chops and they were good but I kind of wish I had ordered a po'boy.

1  Thank Highliner