“Good pub atmosphere, decent food.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 3, 2012

It's pub food. I don't go there for anything beyond that, some drinks, and the ability to hang out with friends. Not one of those pubs where you feel out of place if you've left your thirties behind, even in this very youthful (ie, college town) atmosphere. It's great when the weather gets better and the front is completely open. To me, it's a better place to grab a bit than the Burren (even though I love their sister restaurant, the Skellig) -- the Burren tends to be beer-soaked down to the floorboards.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have only been once and probably won't be back. Everything was just too much. Too much cheese and grease and not enough taste. There are many other tasty places in Davis square skip this one.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Say what you will about JTree...it's not the most exciting place, nor dose it have the best food. But it's a great go-to place for a casual hangout with friends. It's consistent and the bartenders are always friendly. We are usually there during the week, although I have been on a Friday/Saturday night and it's definitely a different crowd/vibe. I did hear a rumor about them having a new chef. Whether that's true or not, I have noticed the wings do taste a bit different...and better!

Reviewed August 29, 2009

Who designed this crappy place?? There's a huge square in the middle of the room, impossible to move around when it's crowded. It took me 20 minutes to get a bottled beer at which point I didn't even feel like leaving a tip. I'm a very generous tipper. You want drunk Tufts kids to dance and make out? Why not line the entire bar against the wall? Create more SPACE. Also, the music is horrendous. Same played out tracks every time I've been there, which Is a total of probably five. The night always ends with them playing "Living on a Prayer" with every drunk fool in the place singing. Don't go there!

Reviewed May 15, 2009

Joshua Tree has a relatively good atmosphere if you enjoy sports bars. However, our waitress completely messed up our bill. I had circled the food I wanted to pay with and written my card number near it. My friend gave a 20 dollar bill for the food he wanted to pay with, expecting change. My other friend put down his card for the rest of the bill. When the bill returned, there was no change, I had been charged for both plates of food, and our waitress apparently had disappeared. So not only did she give herself over 100% tip, I ended up paying for more than what I bought.