“Seafood Risotto to Die for!”
Review of Out Of The Blue

Out Of The Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Out Of The Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 313 Restaurants in Somerville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Davis Square red line stop
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have been going to Out of the Blue since before it was smack in the middle of Davis Sq, probably over 10 years, at least monthly....Steve, Frank and all the others are great people! I almost always get the Risotto my husband almost always gets the Cioppino fra diavalo! Unless there is a special that we really love. Cleanest fried calamari out there! Highly recommend

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Tasty seafood, not cheap but you get what you're paying for. We were a bit early so it was quite and cozy, it might get loud later but I don't get that impression.

1  Thank aleph0
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Found this restaurant on Trip Adviser after going to the Davis Square Sommerville show. First we had little neck clams that were fresh and tasty. Service was quick and prompt. We sat at the bar and the owner was our waiter. He was running around a lot and very nice, but maybe to take the load off of him, he should find a bartender or just bartend and nothing else. It is tough though running your own business..

I had the Sea Scallops with Pesto Pasta that I did enjoy. There seemed to be just the right amount of Pesto in the pasta and the portion size was just right. My friend had the Salmon with roasted vegetables that she devoured so I guess she enjoyed it and the person next to me had the Lobster with Cheese ravioli that looked awfully good.

My only complaint was the bread that they serve. It was just bland bread with pads of butter in plastic little jugs. A nicer touch would be a nicer homemade bread with garlic or other infused Olive Oil.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were shopping in Davis Square and stopped in on a whim. We were just going to have drinks and app's at the bar but when we checked out the menu we decided to have dinner. Basically, it was really, really good and a great value. The fish was fresh, the sauces were tasty and the pasta was al dente, just the way it is supposed to be. With seafood prices being so high, I found it amazing that their prices were so reasonable. The servers were friendly with a sense of humor that added to the experience. The place was clean with a warm atmosphere. We will be sure to return.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was in the area on business and stopped for a quick meal. I had a choice of appetizers, delightfully prepared. Of course, New England is the place for fresh seafood, and Out of the Blue did not disappoint! I plan to visit, again, when next in the area.