“Go Get Grilled”
Review of Out Of The Blue

Out Of The Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Out Of The Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 313 Restaurants in Somerville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Davis Square red line stop
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I were craving seafood--and also going to the Somerville Theater for a 8PM show--, so we selected OUT OF THE BLUE . It's on line menu looked good. We weren't disappointed at all. I had Baked Haddock with a big side salad. My hubby had salmon with grilled vegies and a baked potato. We both marveled about the freshness of the fish. Excellent. Don't know what their other dishes are like but the simply prepared-- grilled/baked-- fish are terrific.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Seemed like an interesting place to try and it wasn't too busy on a Saturday night. Good menu selection with fresh products. The specials and fish selections were really good. My scallops and linguini were average.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was in Boston for a short trip and wandered around Davis Square for a bit. I know I shouldn't be too surprised, but I was hoping for at least one local fresh selection. None. I ordered the Scallops and Linguini. It was only okay. Nothing about the dish stood out as spectacular, and it was a little pricey.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I met two friends there. Table was redy right on time. Crab cake appetizer, baked shrimp, lobster all outstanding. The pasta red sauce was outanding. Desserts. Why can I say. The bet tarmisu I ver hd and the flan was delicious!!!!
We will be going back.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We recently had dinner at Out of the Blue, and the opinion of the diners varied with the items ordered. The ciopinno and the fried oysters were both excellent. On the other hand, the lobster and shrimp in the lobster fra diablo were both somewhat overcooked and the sauce was uninspired. The much heralded cannoli was a disappointment. The atmosphere was very laid back and the service was excellent.