“They are the Best”

Ranked #20 of 321 Restaurants in Somerville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We love the Mount Vernon Inn we go there almost every time we visit our Son Erik who lives in Boston
They are very Friendly and we Love Mike our waiter. The food is great they have almost anything you want

2  Thank lesleyverbeke

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have always heard about the great food and great value at the Mount Vernon in Sommervile, MA. When we heard Gary Leavitt and Paul Nardizzi were performing at Boston's Newest Comedy Club "The Joke is on You" we decided to check it out!
We saw mostly families dining in the restaurant and opted to eat 'at the bar'. Same menu. My DH had the Fried Fish, which he said was very good. I was surprised to see Liver & Onions on the menu so I HAD to try it! It EXCELLANT! Two large pieces of liver cooked to perfection!

After dinner we went up (two stairs) to the Comedy Club, The Joke Is On You. Great venue. Small. Perfect for an intimate evening of laughter! Comedian Paul Nardizzi was fantastic as always and Gary Leavitt's impression of Johnny Most was THE BEST!!!!
It was a Full House in the Comedy Club..... they are off to a great start!
You can go for dinner and the show OR just the show. It's up to you, but get there earlier than later, as I believe on this night it was a sell out. Tables for four, so we invited ourselves to join another couple and we all had a lot of laughs. Good time!

Oh! And next time......as good as the Liver & Onions were..... I'm getting the Prime Rib!!! It looked incredible!!!!

1  Thank Irene S
Reviewed March 30, 2014

You have to try the brunch there. With the coupon off their web site it is $9.99 per person and it is all you can eat. They have all types of breakfast foods and everything from Prime Rib to oysters on the half shell on the buffet. The service is excellent and the food is great.

1  Thank Joe V
Reviewed February 5, 2014

well went to this resturant and it was not what i expected. First the prices were qiute high $17-30
so when i saw that i thought well for these prices it should be great?? well it was not, think of it like this if you want to waste $$ and eat canned food and canned gravey please by all means go th this resturant but if you want to save money go to the 99 its fresher food and better. the service was great not the food....!!!!!

2  Thank blondiegirl72
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We ate here for lunch, the food was just okay,and the wait staff was very slow. My son ordered lobster bisque soup (rated it a 7) and a turkey club along with fries, which were good. I ordered one of the January specials, which was listed on a paper enclosed in the menu, and a bloomin onion for both of us to share as an appetizer. The bloomin onion was not very good (onions not sweet and many were still rather uncooked). After about 20 minutes from the time we placed our order, the waiter informed me that the January specials were no longer available because it is now February. My son and I were pressed for time and so I ordered just a bowl of the "soup of the day", which was beef barley soup. It was salty and tasted more like roast beef gravy, very few pieces of meat, potatoes and vegetables. We tried the chocolate chip with caramel sauce bread pudding....I know, chocolate? Anyway, it was flavorful and had lots of raisins, but it was very dry and about 3 inches high-dense. We have eaten here before, but for dinner, which was better. Based on our experience, we will not return for lunch.