“bargain double lobsters”

Ranked #20 of 321 Restaurants in Somerville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Mt Vernon restaurant in Somerville Saturday night. The double lobsters(boiled) were bargain priced at $14.99, the email special price was $11.99 !! The lobsters were delicious and the service was excellent. I think it would be very hard to find a deal like this. We will return soon I hope the specials last. It is a good idea to make a reservation as it was crowded as you would expect.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great place with a down home atmosphere. I could not resit the twin lobsters special for a little less than $15. the lobsters were great and perfectly cooked.

Service was friendly and prompt. I did not try anything else so this is only based on the great lobster tails and great value.

Parking was accross the street in a small munincipal parking lot but on Sunday the meters were free. It was fun trying to find the palce becasue it is at the end of Sommerville heading into Boston.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I used to go to the Mt Vernon quite often 5-7 years ago but I haven't gone back for no good reason. On my last visit I was seated in the main dining area in a table by myself. I received excellent service to such a degree that I never needed to ask for drink refills. I know they have a great lobster special but I was feeling I needed some comfort food so I ordered the lobster bisque. I was terribly hunger but I needed a little something. Even though my ticket order was a little low I received the best hospitality. I might have filled to much on the bread but it was such a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Bostoncruiser
Reviewed March 8, 2013

You have to try their Sunday Brunch Buffet. There is a special on the internet for $9.99 per person. it is outstanding. The food and the service is excellent. Have been there many times and will keep going back.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I walked into a very nice restaurant with white table clothes it was very nice but I was solo so I walked to the other side of the building and found a wonderful pub, I was by myself so decided to eat on the pub side which could be a "Cheers" look alike.
I ordered a Sam Adams,a cup of clam chowder and the twin lobster. She brought me a pop over and butter, it was warm and airy and melted in your mouth. The clam chowder came and was half clams in a buttery cream sauce with potatoes and was excellent. Than she brought out the two lobsters that were also very good. Two lobsters for $26 dollars is a really good deal. The clam chowder and Sam Adams were reasonably priced also.
I would recommend this place for great seafood and some local Boston ambiance.