“Eat the pecan pie!”

Petsi Pies
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Eat the pecan pie!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The pecan pie is a treat - share a small one over a cup of coffee and enjoy the warm jellied filling topped with caramelised pecans and delicious short crust pastry. Eat in (they have a couple of cozy tables) or sit on a bench outside to watch the world go by. Then take a chicken pot pie home to bake in your oven - it is like home made (except I would add more chicken). This place has locals drooling at the mere mention of a visit. I think it is pretty good and I like that they offer samples, celebrate pie day (3.14) and do good coffee (on top of make nice pies) however I have taken visitors who have left disappointed (quiche bland, awful tea, muffin not warmed as requested and prices higher than expected). Pricey but well baked.

Newton, MA
“Crazy good!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We made our first of what is sure to be many visits to this excellent bakery: sampled scones, cupcakes, and two kids of fruit pies. All are swoon-worthy. The cupcakes are so good that they end all discussions about whose cupcakes are best: Petsi Pies are. The cake is soft and flavorful, the frosting is also flavorful and smooth, rather than waxy or gritty as some are. The place is a shrine to doing things right, including friendly help at the counter. Viva la Petsi Pies!

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Little Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have been wanting to stop in ever since I went to a show and had a slice of their pie. Today It was later in the afternoon and most of the inventory was depleted - so WARNING-get there early if you want the pick of the litter. I was happy to see that there were little chicken pot pies - I had not had lunch and I was in the mood for something more substantial. This were good cold! Huge hunks of chicken with freshly cut carrots (yes I can tell), peas and potatoes. Very good. Had to get a pie - sweet potato with roasted pecans. Terrific! I am not sure I would drive and hour to get there unless I knew I could get there early but it is a place you will want to visit.

• Visited May 2012