“Not disappointed here!”
Review of Vinny's at Night

Vinny's at Night
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinny's at Night is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 315 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Somerville, Vinny's serves the best in Sicilian-style cooking, made only with the finest ingredients. Our Dinner and Lunch entrees are superb, and our new breakfast menu is sure to satisfy. Along with a wide choice of Wines, Vinny's has a full bar as well as the best desserts this side of the North End. Our premium deli sandwiches are available all day, as well as Meals To Go, subs and catering. Come on down and enjoy your next meal here at Vinny's.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My niece's husband (another foodie) said we had to go to Vinny's. My husband and I both had the bracciole and homemade fusilli and shared a tiramisu. The sauce/gravy was great, the beef tasty and tender, and the tiramisu excellent. The service was friendly and good. Looking forward to rerurning soon. I want to try everything on the menu.

There is a full bar in addition to a large wine list.

After dining, you can shop for Italian specialties in the deli!

1  Thank Patricia D

Reviewed July 10, 2013

In front it's a sub-shop (in the best Italian manner), and then you spy the crisp linen covered tables in the back and the aromas of Old Sicily! What a menu.. all the traditional Italian comfort foods. Our party of 6 decided to go for one of each! Homemade Fusilli, great sauces...and excellent service. On the way out, one of the owners saw me admiring this plate of some specialty I didn't recognize... so of course he had to offer me a LARGE sample. When I mentioned I lived in Miami, he made a point of giving me his best recommendation for Italian food there.. Just the kind of place I remember loving in Italy... great food and great people.

1  Thank JennyC282
Reviewed June 23, 2013

While visiting colleges in the Boston/Somerville are we happened to overhear someone recommend not goiing to the North side for Italian food as is the touristy thing to do but to try Vinny's. I usually take the advice of the locals when it comes to food and in this case it paid off in a big way. This was by far one of the very best Italian meals i have ever had. Heck, it was one of the best meals i have ever had. This little gem looks like a corner Italian deli and that's because during the day it is just that. At lunch and dinner time the restaurant kicks in to service. The looks of this place are totally unbefitting the fine food that is served. The atmosphere is a place where you go with friends and family on a Friday night to hang out, eat food and talk, laugh, whatever. I in no way felt rushed through my meal. Everything was done at a leisurly pace which was great. Not to say that the service was not good, our server stopped by frequently to check on us, refill the warer glasses, ask if we needed anything etc.
The food was simply delicious. Every meal served at our table was fresh homemade Sicilian fare. I'm sure if you went into the back kitchen you would find Vinny's Mama stirring a pot of homemade pasta. You simply can not lose on this ugly duckling.
Dinner for 3 with a good bottle of wine was $120 with tip. You won't find better.

1  Thank job28123
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had always wanted to go here after so many of my patients said, "skip the North End, just go to Vinnie's". So my husband took me for my birthday. We called ahead for 7pm reservations and were taken right in (Friday night). The menu had so many wonderful things, I had a hard time choosing. I went with the waiters recommendation of veal Osso bucco and and it was AMAZING, melt in your mouth!!! The appetizer of arrancini with incredible red sauce, out of this world and soak up all the sauce with the bread (magnifico!) Very reasonable wine prices and nice Italian choices. They even surprised me with dessert on the house with a candle and the entire restaurant sang Happy Birthday. Very sweet! This is the real deal....loved, loved, loved it!!!! Can't wait to go back and try the antipasto and pasta forno! This is my new favorite AUTHENTIC Italian restaurant. This is what the North End used to be! Should rate much higher than it does!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's probably #1 or #2. My family and I dined at Vinny's a couple of nights ago. The food was top shelf. Put this food in a high-end dining establishment, and people would be raving. But it's a nice, small, homey neighborhood establishment filled with friendly locals. Not a trendy joint in some high-end area in Boston. You're in the wrong place if you are looking for that. Come for the food and the genial locals. Stay away if you are looking for stuffy pretentiousness.

1  Thank Barbacoa666