“Good food, long wait”
Review of Redbones Barbecue

Redbones Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Redbones Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 313 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Home - Style Southern Food
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food is pretty darn great (Note: I am a New Englander without much experience with true southern BBQ so I may not be the best judge of authenticity.) You will definitely eat too much and still have leftovers to bring home. Also there is a hefty wait on weekends, so get there early.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The ribs were tender and juicy. The beans have a nice smoky flavor and they were also nice and thick. My wife thought they looked like mud. Fun decor, good music, and friendly wait staff.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The place is crowded and loud but the food is serious barbecue. Even if you don't eat much meat, it's just too much fun to resist.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Whenever I travel on business to great barbecue destinations like Memphis, Kansas City, or the Texas Hill Country, I ask my hosts to take me to their favorite barbecue places so I've been treated to some very good ribs, but none that I like better than the ones at Redbones. They are so smoky and good that I usually decide not to sauce them. I live a short walk away so I eat here often and take out from here even more often. Baby back ribs with collard greens and dirty rice is my most usual order, but beef ribs are also great. So is the house-made sausage. I'm not crazy about the corn bread, and the fried Okra could be fried anything but most other sides are delicious. There is a good beer selection and I even have a cocktail recommendation: a Mezcaliente up, no salt. It's just what it sounds like--a margarita made with mezcal instead of tequila with some hot pepper.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Redbones has tasty, authentic, and assorted southern BBQ. The beef brisket and pulled pork are particularly good. They have a lot of seating and friendly service, but it can get a bit loud and tight, so the ambiance feels sort of like a cafeteria on the first floor. It's better if you can get seated downstairs, where it's a bit more intimate. Also, the side dishes are hit or miss. For instance, great mashed potatoes, not so great sweet potato fries.