“Should have just had dessert!”
Review of Redbones Barbecue

Redbones Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Redbones Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 304 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Home - Style Southern Food
Los Angeles, California
“Should have just had dessert!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went to Cambridge last week to help my daughter pack up her dorm room for the summer and were both in a BBQ kind of mood. I did some research and found Redbones just the next town over in Somerville. People were 4 and 5 "starring" the Memphis ribs so of course we ordered those. My daughters friend ordered the pulled pork sandwich. Let's start out with the cornbread which they give to the table. Very dry, I couldn't take a bite without taking a drink of water afterwards! The Memphis dry rub ribs were also very dry. They come with 4 different sauces that you can try but all except the sweet sauce had way too much vinegar in it. The cole slaw also had way too much vinegar! The pulled pork sandwich was much better, very moist and the portion was big enough to take home half for lunch the next day. I do want to add that my daughter and I shared 1 order of the ribs. Well when we were ready for dessert they had just run out of Key Lime Pie which the table next to us was enjoying. We settled on the pecan pie which had the most amazing flavor and the whipped cream which they make in house was as thick as ice cream and delicious. Don't know if I will return to Redbones, but if I do I will probably order some side dishes like Collard Greens and Mac and Cheese and dessert of course!

• Visited May 2013

Arlington, Massachusetts
“Always yummy.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm a sucker for a nice smoke on my BBQ, and Redbones does it right. The mason jars of lemonade, friend okra, and pecan pie are always excellent. And a spin of the wheel at the bar can end up giving you a nice surprise in tasting a new beer. There are many good reasons that Redbones has been a Davis Square institution for a long, long time.

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“BBQ + beer!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Redbones does great barbecue, and better yet, they do great sides. I love the collard greens and the cornbread here more than is rational. I also love the flexibility of the menu-- for instance, I like to fill up on sides and then get a small side of actual meat, and at Redbones I know I can always order One Perfect Rib with my main course. Best of all, it's one of the best craft beer selections in town. One of my Davis Square go-tos for sure!

Visited April 2013
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Excellent BBQ...will have you going back for more”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After the events of the past week in Boston, it was great to be able to celebrate a "Bro" day with my brother and two step-brothers yesterday. Couldn't ask for anything better than brews and awesome "man" food like BBQ meats. Plus it was coupled with the Bruins, Sox, and Celtics games.
I enjoyed the Meat and Three dish which came with a heaping portion of pulled pork which was well seasoned and cooked. Moist And not dry which is key for pulled pork and I paired it with the hot sauce. My sides where their delicious Mac & cheese, corn succotash, and collard greens. We also enjoyed buffalo wings, corn fritters and fried pickles for apps (split among 4 people). Great selection of craft beers as well.

Best part is the value as everything is well-priced athey aren't shy with the portions.

If you want great BBQ, great brews, and a great place to watch the game in a relaxed atmosphere, Redbones is a great choice!

• Visited April 2013
Connecticut
“bbq and brews”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

combo plate with ribs, sausage, brisket, slaw, rice and beans was a huge portion shareable by 4 people! super casual local spot with the red sox on TV and 25 to 30 beers on tap which can become a tough decision...therefore, they have a "dial a draft" wheel where the bartender spins it and you get a class of whatever it lands on! pretty cool and takes all the guesswork out of ordering a beer!

• Visited April 2013