“Great place!”
Review of Redbones Barbecue

Redbones Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Redbones Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 306 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Home - Style Southern Food
Malmo, Sweden
“Great place!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I was too tired and wanted only a Margherita, which was excellent. My friends had different plates they just loved - guess the barbecue ribs was the best choice. Fantastic place!

Medford, Massachusetts
“Messy but awesome”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

BBQ and finger licking good.I haven't been here in a while but when I was they have some of the best,messy,and huge portions around and also a wheel you can spin for beer.

Medford, Massachusetts
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I haven't been here in a while but a few friends have and they say it is just as excellent as it was a few years ago.I plan on getting over there at some point soon.Messy but awesome

Salt Lake City, UT
“Great BBQ - generous portions”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I went to Red Bones with a friend while in Boston recently. It wasn't my first trip there - I've been several times when in town.

We started with an order of fried pickles/jalapenos with dipping sauce. For the main course I had a sampler of 3 styles of ribs with a couple of sauces on the side. I liked the spicy sauce the best but all 3 were good. I enjoyed all 3 styles of ribs and the portions were large - I couldn't finish mine much less eat the cornbread on the side. I do a lot of my own BBQ and visit many BBQ joints when I travel and I'd rate Red Bones as one of my favorites.

If you decide to visit be warned that finding parking in the area is extremely difficult. There is one parking lot in the neighborhood but it fills up quickly because of the many shops and restaurants in the area. All the side streets require a resident permit to park and most are One Way so getting around is a pain. We finally found that the Rite Aid diagonally from the restaurant had extra parking and didn't have a towing policy.

• Visited November 2012
Massachusetts, United States
“Best BBQ Restaurant in the Boston Area”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My entire family loves Redbones. We have tried many other BBQ restaurants, but always end up comparing them all to Redbones. The have great combination plates, I like to get a combo of catfish and BBQ hash. The baby back ribs are always good. The corn pudding side dish is wonderful, it's a creamy cheesy great experience. The collard greens are super, last time we went we had the fried pickles and those were good too. We have taken many out of town guests here and it's always fun. The downstairs room is funky with neat day glow paintings. The tables are close together, this is not a fancy dining experience. We tend to go early, it gets really busy and you may will have to wait for a table on the weekends.

Visited October 2012