Morrison House Bed & Breakfast
$170
HolidayInn.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville(Somerville)(Great Value!)
$179
Porter Square Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$186
$170
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Veritas(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$399
$359
AC Hotel Boston North(Medford)(Great Value!)
$199
AC Hotels
$169
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
$299
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$210
$189
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdavis squarehard boiled eggsb bfriendly hostsshort walkoff street parkingsubway stationdvd playerthree nightsroom was spaciouslindebostonlaundrycomforthairdryercons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Love the Morrison House! Ron and Lynde take care of every detail. The first year we arrived it was misting rain. After a tiring day of travel, we walked the short distance to the house from the “T” and were welcomed by Lynde and the warm delicious smells of fresh baked goodies. We were "home” for the weekend. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, with a corkscrew and wine glasses at the ready. Breakfast offers several kinds of bread and a different home baked specialty of Lynde's every day, along with bowls of freshly prepared fruit, coffee, tea and an assortment of other tasty treats. Ron is there to make sure you have everything you need, especially hot chocolate for the kiddos. The house has been beautifully remodeled and retains its Victorian feel. It is well located and close to the "T." No matter how tired you are at the end of your adventures, a hot cup of tea and a warm, comfy bed are waiting for you.

Room Tip: Some rooms have their own bathrooms, but others share one down the hall. Sebastian the house cat will make himself at home in your room if you leave your door open.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed here twice for 3 nights each visit. The rooms are great, location fantastic, prices reasonable, but the Ron and Linda seem poorly suited to the task of hosts. They were not warm welcoming or friendly. One morning when I asked to add my daughter (who goes to school at Tufts) for breakfast, Linda made such a fuss that disturbed the entire breakfast room resulting in my daughter in tears. We left without breakfast. I had high hopes for this place but the grumpy hosts need to improve their social behavior. I am going to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Janet A
TravelGeekBoston, Owner at Morrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I like to think that most of our guests find us friendly and responsive. Every now and then, though, someone comes along who really seems to push our buttons, and we probably don't treat them with as much courteousness as we should. I am sorry about that, and I hope that it is a rare occurrence.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was thrilled that I chose to stay at the Morrison House. Ron and Linde were wonderful hosts, the house and my room were so clean and comfortable, and the location was great. Breakfast was good, and Ron made me a wonderful pot of coffee each morning. The Morrison House is a short walk to the train at Davis Square, so the proximity to Boston is great. There are a lot of great restaurants around Davis Square, just a short walk away. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thanks so much for your kind words! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

There are so many positive things to say about Morrison House that I almost don't know where to begin. First off, let me say that from the moment of my arrival, Ron greeted me and made me feel right at home. He is a wonderful host and takes great pride in his business and his home. I arrived in the afternoon and made myself a mug of green tea. I was able to take it up to my room and was provided with a tray. Ron makes it his business to make sure all his guests are comfortable. No amenity is omitted. There are water and wine glasses in each room. Cold water containers are in the fridge,There are french press carafes for easy coffee preparation and breakfast is absolutely exquisite. Linda bakes scones that melt in your mouth and believe me, I had trouble eating just one! The house is very quiet if you need R & R. I I enjoyed the first snowfall of the year and savored every moment. I am a transplanted Floridian so I really savor the snow.. . It snowed all night and that was lovely because I was too pooped to go out anyway. I think that Morrison House is a great value for the money and I give it a perfect TEN!

Room Tip: Every room is fine. I stayed in the small "Bunny Room" as every room has a theme. Sharing the bathroom with other ladies was no problem.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Wow, what a warm and thorough review. We hope that we see a lot of you in the future!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

What a nice, warm, and friendly place to stay! Very convenient to Tufts and the T. The house was spotless, and the cat made it so homey. Breakfast was fresh and overly filling. Ron and Linde were very knowledgeable and gave us excellent information. I'd go back in a second.

Room Tip: Ask Ron and Linde, they will make your stay perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank-you for the wonderful comments!