“A nice stay during a busy week.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerville
Morrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Somerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a delightful Inn run by a couple who are concerned not only with
the comfort of guests, but serve fine breakfasts as well. The
hostess provides some home-baked items. Room was
well-appointed and tastefully furnished. I intend to come back!
By a stroke of luck, I got two weekend nights during the Harvard Parents' Weekend
in 2011. I had previously reserved four days during the two consecutive weeks,
and the host let me know of a cancellation vacancy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank John P

Reviewed November 30, 2011

It's been a few years (2006, I think) since I stayed at Morrison House, but I always think of it fondly. I was attending a busy conference and often did not return until 8 or later. However, there always was someone waiting (usually in the kitchen), which gave me a great homey feeling. I had one of the newer rooms in the back, one with its own bath. It looked over a leafy back yard. As my trip was in summer, I appreciated the excellent air conditioning, which I could control myself, as well as the excellent bed. The neighborhood around Morrison House is homey and walkable. My only regret was that I was too busy to enjoy the friendly social life of breakfast around the table, but, hopefully, next time.

Room Tip: As I said, the rooms in the back are newer, but everything at Morrison House is nicely appointed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We chose the Morrison because our son lives a few blocks away, but would consider it in any case b/c of the great location near the T and Davis Square. We spent 3 nights in the large Warren-Sparrow room and had a fine time all around. The hosts are friendly and accommodating and the continental breakfast is ample, though without much variety day to day. Don't know if this is typical for the area, but the eclectic group around the breakfast table included many international travelers. For a "quaint" old home, it has a rich array of modern tech, as others have noted - large HD TV, individual room A/C controls, DVDs. One real innovation is that all the doors have a key pad lock, and you get a 4 digit code to open your room and the outside doors - no more searching for keys or key cards! There is limited parking in back and the inn provides street parking permits for the overflow.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I agree with all previously-posted positive comments. In addition: refrigerators in every room; 4 minute walk to Davis Square T station on Red Line; many dining options in "hip" Davis Square; coffee and tea always available; a very carefully designed B&B experience. I stayed while my daughter was having surgery at MassGeneral Hospital, a 15-minute T ride on the Red Line. In business for 10 years, Ron and Linde really know operate a B&B! One caution: the "Little Room" is really little, but still with 'frige, mirror, table, bed, and TV.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This Bed and Breakfast is clean, a stone's throw from Davis Square and the T, near numerous Zip Car locations and a great value. The hosts are friendly, helpful and lay out a wonderful breakfast. This was my second visit-I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It was my second time here and first time for my girlfriend. I always wished to come back and she was super-happy I brought her here. We live in the area, but we were coming from some very rough days of home relocation and we wanted to have a comfortable place to rest and relax: this place was perfect, very quiet and full of comforts. We were destroyed, but this night gave us a rebirth! We enjoyed so much the super-comfortable bed and room and the breakfast with the very nice guests and owner, it is a pity we arrived late at night and we had to run away in the morning, I would like to stay longer to play with the cat and enjoy the place. This is one of the best place I have ever stayed in all my travels and I will definitely recommend it to everybody. So bad it is so close to my house: it makes hard to find an excuse to come back again, but I hope I will!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the great breakfast, the well-equipped room, the glorious back deck (for sun and shade), the up-to-date selection fo DVD's and overall experience. I was pleased to meet two other families there, though I did not have my children with me, I enjoyed to eyouthful company!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ecain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Porter Square Hotel
Porter Square Hotel
#16 of 19 in Cambridge
Bowers House Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill

Been to Morrison House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!