“One of my favorites!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was so glad when I found this place: it truly reminds me of my trip to Japan many years ago. The atmosphere is great, and the staff is not only Japanese, but also very friendly and accommodating. I have visited this place a number of times now, and have had their rolls, their unaju and their soups: all of the food was delicious and honest-to-god Japanese. The presentation of the sushi is fantastic and the bar offers a wonderful and quiet scape from the typical pub-like joints. All in all, a great, authentic place! I keep bringing my out-of-town friends to this place, and they are always pleased. So will you!

• Visited December 2012

Waltham, Massachusetts
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Even we had to wait for almost an hour for the sushi (we ordered 13 rolls for 5 people on a Sunday evening), it was well worth the wait. The fish was very fresh (I am from HK and I know what fresh means!) and we loved the crispy rolls with avocado, texture combination is amazing. Soft shelled crab roll is a must. Price is very reasonable and the quality you get is beyond believe. This place is so much better than my usual hang out... Fugakyn in Brookline and Oga in Natick. Simply no comparison. I hope they would open a second restaurant in Wellesley soon, please!! I would love to try the fried oysters next time I drop by.

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“The BEST Japanese Restaurant in Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

If I could give this place one million stars I would. I am in love with Ebi Sushi and I am not ashamed to admit it.

This is pretty much the only place in Boston where I have seen or had authentic Japanese food. Don't be fooled by the word "sushi" in their name; they have much more than that. You'll want to try it all.

The first time I went I ordered the Tuna & Yam Set. The waitress warned me that "yam" is probably not what I think it is, but Japanese food is my favorite cuisine and I'd had yam in Japan, so I told her I was good. I liked the warning though as it definitely would deter complaints from people who might not know what they are getting into. They also have yam and natto sets, and if you haven't had natto, then you might not want to get this as it is fermented soybean which is VERY strong.

They also have the most amazing udon and soba. The cold tofu and octopus bites are also amazing. I want to try their whole menu. And again, did I mention it has some of the most authentic Japanese food you can get in Boston?

I love, love, love their lunch sets. The first time I had it I expected a small amount of food. It is lunch and it did involve sushi after all. NOPE. The mountain of amazing food was mind blowing. I had a soba set with udon, tofu, dumplings, miso soup, salad, and I don't even know what else. A lot of good stuff that is what. I have had the sashimi set and the salmon teriyaki set. I am attaching a photo because my words can't even describe how amazing.

Each time I have been in I have the same sweet waitress. She is great. I also want to see this place filled up when I go. It is a gem that people need to discover! I want them in business for a longggggggggggg time, so get your fine self over to Ebi!

Union Sq is on the rise and Ebi is a WONDERFUL addition!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank jessika14
Newton, Massachusetts
“A very good night of Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We went out for sushi on valentines day and wanted to try this place. It was a very nice place that seemed a little unprepared for the valentines day crowd. However we were seated right away and the service was prompt. The food was great and I'm sure we will be back. There is parking at night beside the building. Very helpful to know.