“Amazing Drinks in a Cool Atmosphere”
Review of Saloon

Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 309 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Red Line Davis stop
Reviewed July 16, 2013

When this place opened a few years ago, my friends and I were there opening weekend and it was packed. We celebrated my birthday there a few months back and it was still packed.
Saloon has a cool speakeasy feel to it, and the giant bar is beautiful.
The cocktails are actually delicious, we've drank our way through the whole menu by now.
If you don't have a reservation the wait can be pretty long, people tend to linger and really enjoy just hanging out. If you're lucky enough to get a seat at the bar, you're in for a treat because you'll get to watch the mix masters at work.
The first time we ordered food, we were surprised how it came out, basically served on a wooden plank. They've upgraded the presentation of a lot of their menu items since then. The menu isn't huge, but they change it up for the seasons. When we were last there we had the raw oysters (amazing), picnic plate (who doesn't love cheese and meat?), braised short ribs (SO moist and delicious, melted in my mouth)!
It can get pretty noisy, but you just have to keep in mind that everyone there is just trying to have a good time. It's definitely not a quite underground bar.

1  Thank krizzy4rizzy
There are newer reviews for Saloon

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just discovered this bar last week and it is really fun to hangout here. The cocktails are all prohibition inspired and the bartenders really know what they are talking about. The best part for me is that there are no tvs, so you can avoid all the crazy sports fans! Definitely coming back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Headed to Saloon and their inconspicuous entrance this past weekend with a few other couples. Cool ambiance and very impressive whiskey selection. Drinks and apps were great, and while I enjoyed my pork shoulder entree, next time I'll focus more on the drinks and get the sliders. "Hipster" beers were a nice way to finish off the night. We sat at a table, but it looked like a good bar scene too. We'll be back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Once you find the entrance, you'll be so glad you did. Saloon has a great underground, uber-masculine vibe-- it's all dark woods and leather inside. The cocktails are incredible, and the food is nothing to sneeze at either. I usually just go for a drink and snack on some of the small bites, like a charcuterie plate or the excellent sliders. Everything tastes fantastic!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

great little bar with i think the nicest ambiance i have seen in a bar in a long time. solid dark wood walls everywhere and big leather booths. staff is dressed in prohibition era clothing which is cool. huge cocktail selection and vast whiskey selection too. a tad pricey but not a big deal. service was good, it was sunday afternoon so it wasn't too busy but i really liked it.