“I think they exaggerate a bit with spices in order to save money”
Review of Yak & Yeti Nepali + Indian - CLOSED

Yak & Yeti Nepali + Indian
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boston Ave
Description: Welcome to Yak an Yeti! Our recipies are delcious, fresh and authentic. We have cuisine that is as rich and diverse as Indian civilization, encompassing a vast scope of traditions and regional variations in taste, color, texture, appearance, and delicacy. The hospitality of Yak and Yeti is also legendary. You will have great service, romantic decor and soft music. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed December 18, 2012

For a quick eat-and-go it is very good. I visited this place for a buffet lunch and for almost 11 USD I think it is overall ok. The interior decoration is not the nicest, while the music in the background was a bit depressing, but still for the price you pay it is acceptable. The food was also ok, although I think that they exaggerate a bit with spices, probably in order to save more money on overall costs. Meat is a bit rare on the menu (poultry, of course) and for meat lovers it is not the best place to visit frequently. I also don't think that this restaurant represents the real Nepali and Indian cuisine, but for the price it offers it is ok for casual eat-and-go visits.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had take out last night for seven adults and four children, the day after Thanksgiving. . The total bill was $124.

We ordered Indian food and it was excellent! They gave us an order of pakoras for free and they were quite tasty. They also gave us papadam for free. We had chicken biriyani, two different orders with shrimp and 5 or 6 vegetarian dishes. All were quite good, better than we had had in a while. They included dishes with spinach, two with garbanzos, another with cauliflower but not the standard one and another with eggplant and peas.

I am visiting family and several days ago I got the Nepali bean soup to go. Is was delicious ( with a great mix of spices--I would live to have the recipe) and hearty!! My son and his wife had had several Nepali dishes an other time but much preferred the Indian dishes last night.

The staff were polite and attentive.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Tasty food, nice polite service (although they didn't understand English very well), no wait for a table, generally everything was quite delicious. One friend felt her food wasn't what she expected, but she still liked it. A good local experience.
We had a restaurant.com coupon and for what we paid it was a really great deal. Oh, but no alcohol, that is sort of too bad.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just moved here and was glad to find a good number of Indian restaurants. I looked them up, studied them, and did not find Yak and Yeti in my search. In the meantime, I tried some other good ones, at least one not-so-good one, and have a few left on my list, as recommended by coworkers.

Then my date and I walked to Ball Square and found Yak and Yeti. It was empty, which is not a good sign typically, but it meant we got extremely attentive service [but not overwhelming]. We've had the Palak Paneer, the Shahi Panneer Korma, and the Paneer Makhani for entrees. I've had the kheer for dessert.

Flavoring hits the marks on each dish, and adds subtle nuance. Food quality is consistent across visits [three or four of ours]. Ingredients taste fresh and well-selected. My date and I don't always agree on flavor, but we've had each of the dishes mentioned above and both enjoy them.

Everywhere I go, I try to find a palak paneer. It is great that I have a palak paneer of choice, across all places I've been, right here within walking distance from my apartment.

Part of me believes there is a reason to try the Nepali food. However, another part likes the Indian food so much that there doesn't seem to be a reason to.

I'd like to go to the buffet, but -- and let me tell you -- dinner has been amazing and well worth the low price every time.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

the food was tasty- the menu was extensive excellent, and the prices very reasonable- although the service was a little on the slow side..the meal was "cooked to order"..and the 4 of us had plenty left over...strongly suggest the nan combination for a good variety.. for sure.. a repeat customer if I ever get back that way ..