“A Solid Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Posto

Pizzeria Posto
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Posto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 304 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Easily accessible via Red line Davis Square stop.
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Solid Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

When we don't feel like cooking Posto is always a go to spot. Their margarita pizza is very good and their beet salad is excellent. They have a very solid wine list and the price is pretty good. You usually have to wait but there is almost always a seat at the bar. The service is superior; especially Larissa.

• Visited June 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“pretty good dinner, hip setting, closely spaced tables, and loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Posto had a table for two when we showed up without a reservation at 7:45 on a Tuesday. It feels hip: a big room with brick walls, loft-type ceiling, tables closely spaced and sound carries so there's a constant background noise of conversation. The space and volume both make it feel like a popular city restaurant. As other reviewers said, this isn't a pizzeria in the usual sense. It's an Italian restaurant with medium to high end prices ($75 for two with three courses, no drinks). The menu includes pizza, but also appetizers, pastas, other main courses and desserts. Posto isn't completely fancy, either: There are two TVs over the bar (one showing the Food Network), which are visible from the dining room.
We each had an appetizer, and I highly recommend the burrata from the next state over, creamier than the locally-produced burrata often found in this area, and served with a big mound of prosciutto and some roasted tomatoes. The bread with sea salt and rosemary tasted fine, but was a bit doughy. We both chose the crab tortellini with peas as our main course and thought it good but not amazing. I thought the peas were too big and old to be served as close to raw as they were. I enjoyed the panna cotta dessert, except for the odd fact that the vanilla seeds in it hadn't stayed in suspension or been strained enough, so the pudding at the bottom of the cup looked like an Oreo had gotten into it and had an odd grainy crunch. If I go back, I think I'll get the burrata again and try a pizza or classic pasta. Their cheese seems to be a strong point and I wonder whether the kitchen does better with simpler dishes than gourmet ones.

• Visited May 2014
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Name a little misleading - thankfully.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We often dine in the Davis Square area of Somerville because it's a good location for my two brothers and myself to meet up. Youngest brother made reservations and sent invitations and both my wife and I were a little disappointed we were going to a "pizzeria". Well, we couldn't have been more wrong in our assumptions.

One of the first nice Saturdays this spring, the area was hopping. We had a quick drink at the bar while waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. Lots of great craft beers, but yes, this does seem to be expected these days, so check that off. The bar is a bit tough to linger around, it's really made for seating only as we felt a bit in the way, but the hostess came over right at 7 to seat us, so it never got too bothersome.

Our initial doubts of dining choice went away as soon as we saw the array of dishes going by, we knew this would be special. Members of our party ordered different dishes ranging from veal, chicken and pasta. All looked great and I noticed all empty plates when we moved on to espressos. The menu is interesting in its very simplistic approach, "Chicken" "Veal" "Cod" followed by a list of other times on each dish. No need for artistic prose, the food really speaks for itself. Prices are about normal for the area, but with this quality, move Posto into Boston, and they could command another $15 a plate.

Atmosphere is nice - hip Somerville-esque. Not a place for a quiet meal, but I like a livelier restaurant.

We hope to go back over the summer for my son's birthday and reserve a party for the whole roasted pig. Already looking forward to it, and may have to try it again even before that.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TeamTimmy
“Bellissimo e deliziosa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Charming and cozy atmosphere. Great for a romantic dinner. Food and service are top notch! Highly recommend for the lovers of Italian Cuisine!

• Visited February 2014
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Definitely the best dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

The best gnocchi I ever had! The chef was so creative. I am a vegetarian and the my food was awesomest ever. My husband had a dish with octopus and he loved it too. Their bread was also amazing. I was falling short of adjectives for the great experience we had. Loved every bit of it. Thanks for making our evening!!

• Visited April 2014