“always expect great food”
Review of Bergamot

Bergamot
Reserve with OpenTable
Bergamot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 314 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Harvard (Red Line) #86 Bus (Cleveland Circle, Sullivan Sq via Harvard Sq) #83 Bus (Rindge Avenue, Central Sq via Porter Sq)
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed March 4, 2014

High level food experience, inventive, delicious, satisfying. Have been satisfied customer for years.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

ok, so this is a review from December. While I can't give specifics anymore, suffices to say, I LOVED it so much for my birthday in December, I decided on the spot to take a very special person there for a special day!

I am vegetarian & had the prix fixe. They were incredibly accommodating and incredible creative. I have to love a restaurant where they don't look down upon vegetarians, and in fact, take it as a challenge. Food was delicious, drinks & wine were delicious and the evening was divine!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Fantastic - i loved every imaginative and delicious bite! We're told it changes frequently but ours was stunning. I want to come back next week just to have that selection of items again! With it we enjoyed a lovely cocktail, mine was the lemon (server said "not too sweet" and Mr. Server was correct) and my husband liked his very not-sweet gin cocktail. Our entrees were both remarkable. His vegetarian risotto did not taste "veggie" to me but was rich and surprisingly savory. My salmon was perfection. Why not 5 stars? I hated the seating, sorry. We were sat at the wall booth thing and as a petite woman my chin was nearly on the table while my husband towered over me. Trading seats wasn't an option (for reasons you'd rather not know). It would be such a waste to bring children here, BTW - the food was that good.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Last night's dinner was one of the best we have ever had. It started with easy parking adjacent to the restaurant. It continued with the warm greeting. The sleek gray interior with pleasant art work set the mood. Our server, a stylish young woman, greeted us shortly after we were seated.
Warm puffy potato bread was served with a soft oil infused butter which was delicious.

The menu was simple and straightforward offering both a la carte or a mix and match fixe prix menu ($39) of 3 courses. A few items carried a $3-4. supplement cost above the $39 pricing.
Our server provided detailed explanations of menu items when asked.

The wine list was more than adequate and again the server provided suggestions and commentary about specific wines. A delicious crisp German Riesling was chosen at $37.
Instead of a traditional cork this bottle had a unique glass top with a rubber sealer.

We were 4 persons and everyone chose different dishes. I started with a beautifully crafted charcuterie plate with 4 unique and attractive items on it ($4 supplement, but worth a $10 supplement): a boar pate, a soft mouse, a pork terrain and several slices of a delicious blood sausage (really tasty) plus thin slices of a baguette. My entrée was the best ever diver sized scallops beautifully cooked, crispy on the exterior, dense in texture, but lovely and soft inside (probably the best I have ever had, except maybe on Nantucket) all served over a bed of winter squash wedges and other yummies. For dessert I chose the pumpernickel cake which was a marvelous and decadent deconstructed assemblage of chocolate, pumpernickel, nuts, and dollops of sweet goat cheese mousse.

My wife had the beef Carpaccio, followed by a delicious skate fillet and the most rich and delicious bread pudding.

One friend had the hanger steak beef pho dish. OMG, I tasted the beef and it was so tender and perfectly cooked at a medium rare with such delicious Asian flavors. She had the appetizer special that evening of a vegetarian plate which she loved.

Another friend had the chicken entrée which she loved and a delicious rich coconut cake.

The staff works as a team and during our 2 hours there we were attended and served by at least half of the friendly group.

The bill ended up as approximately $65. per person---very reasonable for the quality and freshness of the foods chosen.

On my way out I made a reservation for a return visit later this month. I can't wait.

1  Thank robert k
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I went and had the seven course tasting menu and we also had the wine tasting to go with the meal.Each of the meal courses was excellent and the timing between servings was excellent. The price was very reasonable. My wife and I also enjoyed the various wines served with one exception. Patrons should note that there is off street parking available as street parking is tough to get in the area of the restaurant.