“Service, Bar, and Food - outstanding!”
Review of Bergamot

Bergamot
Reserve with OpenTable
Bergamot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 309 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Harvard (Red Line) #86 Bus (Cleveland Circle, Sullivan Sq via Harvard Sq) #83 Bus (Rindge Avenue, Central Sq via Porter Sq)
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Just had my first experience at Bergamot - loved it from the moment we walked in the door. The service was excellent. Had a drink at the bar while waiting for our friends - bartender and staff were so friendly and fun. The food was excellent - had delicious clams and a lovely grilled swordfish paired with wonderful wines that the staff knew much about. I thought the service was the best I have had in a restaurant in many, many years! Kudos to the folks at Bergamot who make it a very special place!

There are newer reviews for Bergamot

Reviewed April 13, 2011

I had a reservation for 7 p.m. and while we arrived 15 minutes early, they sat us immediately. They take your coat (no fee, but afterwards you WANT to tip) . We had Crab Bisque and Pork Belly Ravioli for starters. The Pork Belly was melt in your mouth excellent. For dinner we had lamb and duck, but amazing and when eaten with the sauces were fantastic. Dessert was a Chocolate-Chipolte cake which really was great. I can't say enough about the service here. In between courses, a server would come by and literally remove all crumbs from your table using a mini roller. The staff were always available and never once intrusive to our meal and conversation. Friendly and courteous at all times. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

We had a lovely dinner at Bergamot. The server was friendly and helpful. Grilled shrimp salad with pistachios, feta and picholine olives which had been deep fried was delicious. Yellowtail flounder sauteed, served on the bone, over risotto, with brown butter, caper berries and fried garlic was also wonderful. The fish was very fresh, and I like that they aren't afraid to serve it with the bones...its much tastier that way.

Nice selection of wines by the glass, and they will pour you a taste so you can decide if you like it before getting a full glass.

Free parking in a lot next to the restaurant is definitely a plus. Its a small lot though, so may fill up later in the evening.
I will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I didn't have huge expectations heading over on Saturday night. It was super busy weekend in Cambridge and I wanted to go where I was pretty sure there wouldn't be a huge wait and a good chance we could eat at the bar. Bergamot fit the criteria. The place was buzzing and I was told that I would have to wait about twenty minutes for two seats at the bar. I quickly embraced the policy of not having lurkers at the bar waiting for diners to leave and jump into the empty seats (Not that I am not really really good at this) it takes a certain amount of stress out of the evening. I was offered a drink while waiting on the coach. Sure enough we were seated in about twenty minutes. The bar staff seemed awfully familiar and that's because they used to tend bar at Craigie on Main. Here I will tell you that my experience with Paul at Craigie was a little awkward but, he absolutely shined a Bergamot. He remembered me and didn't appear to hold it against me. What a pro! Okay, the food. I am big fan of brussel sprouts and will order them anytime I see them on a menu. They were on the blackboard sides menu and they were delicious. I had a pumpkin ravioli for a starter, sometimes this dish is just perfect and this was one of those times. My friend had the sweetbreads and cleaned his plate. The entrees were a bit slow coming from the kitchen (Is more than 25 minutes too long?. I figure when you notice that your food isn't in front of you is when it has taken too long. The scallops were worth the wait. We skipped dessert and the kitchen sent out two yummy treats for us. Not only is the food amazing and not too expensive, but the entire experience was great. All of it (well, except the 86'd short ribs. I will get there earlier next time.

1  Thank MeauxO
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Bergamot is at the local where EVOO used to be, right across the street from Dali.

We arrived at about 6PM as we had no reservation, and were given a table right away (don't count on it though :-))
I turns out that before 7PM Bergamot serves a a three course special menu, and we decided to go for it. All three courses were creative, well prepared, tasty, surprising and with good matching wine suggestions.

We will be here again for sure!