“Awesome burger”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 2, 2014

A small restaurant nestled in Davis square. Be aware this place fills up quickly around dinner and there really isn't much space to weight inside. For app we got buffalo wings which weren't that good. But the burgers sure didn't disappoint. Great toppings, juicy burger and good bun led way to a great experience. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice place in Davis Square. Pricing was good. Service was good. Food was good. Interesting collection of toppings. 4 of us went and we ranged from the Artery Buster to the Mac Attack (very good mac n cheese!) to Haberno infused salsa toppings to french fries and onion rings. Yes - a lot of food! Good fries. Good baked beans. All in all - well worth our trip!

1  Thank MicheleandJon
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you don't like the burgers at The Boston Burger Company, then you don't know what a good burger is. There really is nothing else to say. If you are a burger fanatic, this is the ticket.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had recently seen an episode on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that featured the Top 10 Burgers. I had already been at one of them, Mr. Bartley’s so since I was in the area I had to stop in and see why this place was #2 on the list. I found the restaurant’s exterior to look more formal than the interior. It is a cozy place that has two sides, with the open kitchen on the right side. I was quickly greeted by a friendly staff member (who turned out to be my waitress) and seated quickly at a table for two at the front window of the left side. They have both a standard menu and a specials menu. For beers there is a mix of bottled and about a dozen beers on tap. I went with the Shipyard seasonal pumpkin ale which turned out to have more spice in it then I would have preferred.

For an appetizer I selected the boneless Buffalo wings ($9) and for the main meal the Mac-Attack ($13) burger (The Guy Fieri special). The boneless chicken dish contained eight nice size pieces that were lightly breaded and deep fried and both very tasty and tender. I would have to say that the eight pieces were about equivalent to two whole boneless breasts which was a great value for the quantity and quality. The medium sauce added some nice heat and flavor. I’d say overall it was outstanding.

Having hit a winner with the chicken I could hardly wait to sink my teeth into the #2 rated burger. The burger came open faced and was throwing off steam like a sauna which was a bit surprising so I decided to start with the homemade chips and Cole slaw sides. The chips were crisp yet oily and way too salty. A couple hours after eating my lips were still feeling bloated as if I had eaten popcorn at the movie theater. The Cole slaw was also not good since there was no zip and it had a hint of a “fishy" taste to it. Two bites and I could not eat any more. I did not get too upset since tonight it was all about the burger which was topped with macaroni and cheese and a couple strips of bacon. I quickly put the top bun on the main attraction which was surprisingly still piping hot which is usually associated with something microwaved. At first bite I was not impressed especially because of the burnt cheese coating. It seemed like they did one side on the griddle too long which left a dark brown unpleasant skin on it. The burger eaten plain was below average being tough and chewy. The burger was also formed perfect which led me to question if it was a fresh burger or a frozen burger. The four cheese mac and cheese was nothing special and below average primarily because of the skin on it. I find it amusing that Guy Fieri felt that with all the different cheeses used in the recipe it was a coronary nightmare when the reality is that a pound of one cheese equals a pound made up of multiple cheeses. You don’t get more cholesterol because you added more types of cheese … duh! Unfortunately the best thing about the burger was the bacon on top. If my burger was prepared the same way for Guy Fieri as it was for me and he liked it then he is a total fraud. At the end of the day having two places from Boston finish in the top ten really makes me wonder about the authenticity of the vote.

Bottom line here is that you can’t be calling yourself the Boston Burger Company and have the chicken taste better than your burger. Ratings in order of preference … boneless chicken (outstanding), bacon (very good), mac and cheese (average), burger (average), chips (poor)and Cole slaw (poor).

Total tab with one beer, tax and a 20% tip was $33.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a specialty restaurant in Davis Square on the banks of Tufts Universty. The night we dined there were over 30 different burger combinations with whimsical names. Some of the selections had themes (The Vermonster with Maple and Cheddar) and some were classics.

On a Saturday night, there was a big crowd and the tiny kitchen was producing as fast as they could. Our wait for burgers was about 35 minutes. The wait staff served in teams and husted the whole night, This place cooks to order and has quite a variety of offerings- it takes time. If you want a big burger in 7-8 minutes, this is not the place.

Some of the selections we saw leaving the kitchen were architectural marvels- with their height exceeding their width.

We ordered one adventurous burger and one classic burger. The angus beef patty and toasted roll are very tasty. The burger with bruschetta, cheese and basil mayo was very good. The burger that was adventurous was too sweet but what do you expect when you order Maple syrup on a burger? .

Be careful what you order, it could be an expensive way to ruin a perfectly good hamburger- but to each his own. If you want a burger warapped in Cheese, dipped in batter and deep fried you can get it here. If you want PB and bananas on your burger, you can get it here. Two celebrity chefs have visited this place, too.

Our homemade chips were bitter and oily which was dissapointing.

At the end of the meal we were sated and had fun watching the various incantations of an American Staple make there way to patron's tables.