“ok but needs updating”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Somerset
Woburn, Massachusetts
“ok but needs updating”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The bathrooms need to be replaced.
I do not smoke, I had to take a smoking room, it had a awful smell.
The front desk person was great.
$144.00 for a 1 night stay is not worth it.
$90.00 for those bathrooms, is more like it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Meredith M, General Manager at Riverview Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time share your feedback regarding your stay with us. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to the hotel staff and I. We will use it to make improvements on the property.

M. Morris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
FlyHorizon
Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you're looking for a hotel with a great pool, this may not be the one for you. Although large and indoors, it's quite old and not kept up as well as it could be. Available for guests, it's also used for local people who purchase monthly or daily pool passes. A great concept but only if it's maintained well and this one is not. The pool and surrounding areas are not cleaned often enough, the locker room is often dirty with wet towels strewn all over the floors, paper products that are not removed in a timely fashion. There is no one who oversees what happens in the pool area so the rules are violated frequently with people diving, bringing in drinks, entering the water fully clothed. I have used the pool on a membership and have not stayed at the hotel but felt that people looking to choose a good pool during their stay should be aware of the conditions they'll find. Hopefully this review will help the hotel realize that they have a great asset there that with better maintenance and overseeing could be easily improved.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank FlyHorizon

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Monrovia, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located right off I-195. It is right on the river which makes for a nice view. The rooms are clean and comfortable. A full buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. It was good. The indoor pool was very nice too. There is a nice lawn to walk on with chairs to sit outside and look at the river. Not much in the way of eateries around. The hotel does need some upgrading. Carpets are a bit warm, etc. But the staff are nice and friendly and overall it is a nice place.

Room Tip: Request a riverside room in the first building. All rooms enter from the inside.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Riverview Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
On behalf of the hotel staff and I, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate the compliments in regards to our performance. We were thrilled to here that our convenient location, water view rooms and complimentary breakfast buffet made your stay even more enjoyable. We have begun recarpeting our guest rooms and our guests are noticing the difference.

We hope you have the chance to return in the near future.

Thank you again.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I walked into the hotel to see dirty furniture and carpet.MY first thought was " I hope my room doesn't look like this"needless to say my room looked worst than that!Dirty carpet,dirty filthy tub,mildew ceiling ,web dirt in ceiling corners,piles of dust on sink ,yellow stains on linen and the smell of the room was horrible!We had to buy cleaning supplies to clean the area.I asked for more towels and was told they only had one left!I can't understand how a hotel charges 5 star prices while the sleeping environment is a 1 star! Bug on bed and towel.Also staff appearance need improvements.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank linda T
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Riverview Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff and I, our sincere apologies for your experience. The last thing we want is for a guest to be unsatisfied with their stay. I would like to offer you a refund for your stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can take care of it for you.

Tel. (508)678-4545 ext. 501
Somerset massachusets
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Chose hotel for the 2 queen beds. Front desk very unfriendly on arrival. Handed us room keys and pointed to room. That's it! Room in need of maintenance. Peeling paint and wallpaper. Heard movements of everyone from walking above to what sounded like furniture or linen carts being rearranged all night

• Stayed April 2014
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Riverview Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
On behalf of the staff and I, please accept my apologies in regards to your experience at the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the front desk team members in addition to our maintenance manager to prevent these types of situations from recurring.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your experience further.

M. Morris, General Manager
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I am on the road alot as I am a truck driver, and ive stayed at this hotel several times, and every time I stay there there is always something wrong with it. Either they need to know how to clean everything or maybe put a stop to as who stays(long periods) of time there. I walked into the lobby 2 days ago and saw two couples that looked like they had no jobs and living on welfare. Too my surprise, I found out that this hotel allows individuals to rent rooms for long periods of time(kinda like an apartment), and the USA government pays the hotel the money for these individuals to stay there. Those types of people bring issues,tidiness problems and most of all crime and drugs to the hotel. In my room in the bathroom this time I noticed two used syringes(ones used for crack or whatever drug those chose) laying there on the ground inside a makeshift cover for the sink. There was also used pillowcases on a chair. Other stays ive encountered build up of dust, cigarette burns on bedding and lamps, shades broken, decor falling apart or fixed very cheaply. Front desk staff (some of them) seem like they dont take there job seriously enough(on there personal phone texting while dealing with clients). And as far as management reimbursing my hotel room twice which is nice but correct the issue so you don't have to keep reimbursing people do too the lack of housekeeping. Once you walk through the front door you're greeted with old décor and somewhat friendly staff and then when you're on your way to your room the carpet in the hallway is dirty and needs to be replaced . I will never return to this location until they revamped the whole entire building they need to spend more money on actual necessities such as up to date bedding and furniture and carpet and their bathrooms all fixtures and lighting. They say that they have updated their bedding but that is not sufficient the bedding they have in there is old. If you're really thinking about staying anywhere else in that area I would suggest driving 5 minutes off of Highway 6 to Swansea and go stay at the Holiday Inn Express your building clean quiet no pets and awesome service for almost the same price you would pay to stay at Quality Inn.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank OldmanDave
Swansea, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had to stay here for one night, I guess I got what I paid for, but I thought at $80/ night it would be a little nicer or cleaner even. The room was so dirty. There was a thick layer of dust on everything. The cover on my bed had a cigarette burn hole in it. The TV was from 20 years ago, the lamps on the walls were broken, and the A/C unit was so loud. The toilets must have been linked together because if anyone flushed, I heard it in my bathroom. I felt a little gross and I didn't even want to lay in the bed because of how dirty everything was. The ONLY thing was partially nice was my room had a sliding door that over looks the pond.. Other than that, I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms that have been updated. I stayed close to the back and it was disgusting...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kandys B
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Riverview Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Quality Inn of Somerset. I noticed that the review was from your stay in March of 2013. I am pleased to inform you that we have purchased new bedding in addition to 32" flat screen televisions. To date, over 50% of the rooms have been completed and we are working dilligently to finish within the next couple of months. I can assure you that I will share your experience with the staff so that we can continue to make improvements through our continuous training efforts. We appreciate your comments regarding the balcony and the view of the water; many guests request these rooms due to the great views and serenity.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#3 of 8 in Seekonk

Been to Riverview Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!