“Great place for breakfast on Nantucket”
Review of Sconset Cafe

Sconset Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Siasconset
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Try to scrambled eggs special - great for brunch. Casual, somewhat pricey (but what isn't on Nantucket?), fun place to go after biking from town.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was very disappointed by lunch at this cafe last weekend.
Very slow service, a bit surly at that - the waitress had difficulties understanding English - 3 of the 5 dishes ordered were not available ... or so we were told - when we finally got our offerings, she waltzed by with exactly what we had wanted and was told was unavailable - to 3 other tables ...
Really annoying. When asked why we had not been able to get those same dishes, we were told that they had gone to another kitchen (??) to get those ... what were we then, chopped liver?
OK, it was their last day of service before the end of the season, but I felt we were shoved off in a corner and abandoned.
Then the food - not in the least bit appetising. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich which was 85% bread and some stale potato chips came as a side. And luke warm chowder.
The rest of our guests felt the same.
Poor service, bad food, rude waitress - never going back !

1  Thank YR R
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This BYOB, cash only cafe in the charming hamlet of Sconset does just about everything right!
One of our top consistently good go to restaurants on island.
The own and host Cindy makes you feel at ease and at home in her casual yet delicious establishment. From the hazelnut molasses bread to their cafe salad to the most addictive dish on island, a roasted halibut dish served over a grilled pineapple with a slight zesty curry sauce over jasmine rice a sugar snap peas. I'm sure I didn't do this dish just but in other words it would be on my "what would be your last meal before you die" list! They also have a small boutique next door where you can get that perfect bottle of wine for you dinner. In know I have just done myself in by this glowing review, I'll never get in, but the truth is the truth! Can I please have your private reservation number!?

Reviewed August 26, 2012

You feel special at the restaurant as it is so small you know they are cooking just for you. Breakfast is delicious, but the place is transformed for dinner. It is just a small room off the main 'circle' in Sconset, but it really feels special when you are there; and the short walk from your house if you are lucky enough is really a treat b/c you can drink all you like and enjoy the scenery on the walk home.
Until recently it was impossible to get a reservation (you had to physically stand in line to get one). They have finally wised up and take reservations over the phone; shedding their 'too precious' attitude for good.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Bring your own lunch. The sandwiches are the same as you would get from a lunch truck and poor service.