“Good Food, Friendly Service”
Review of Osaka

Osaka
Ranked #20 of 88 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great local place for sushi and habachi food. Very friendly and attentive service. Reasonable prices. Well worth the stop....and I'm a picky diner.

1  Thank Matt P

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food on the hibachi table - chicken can be pretty dry at times but overall good including sushi. Poor service, we have been there multiple times, it is a convenient location and we love Japanese style food, but each time the staff treats us like we are a burden, they act annoyed when you ask for another drink or extra sauce. The girl at the front has always been very friendly and welcoming, it's the waiters that are the problem.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Osaka is my go to restaurant for Sushi. I'm not the most adventurous sushi eater but they have something for everyone there. My personal favorite is the Arizona roll (tempura shrimp and avocado). The portions are a good size and the food is delicious. I usually get take out but it's much more fun to sit at one of the cooking tables especially with a group of friends. There are many good sushi restaurants in the area but none can compare to Osaka if you're looking for good food at an affordable price and a fun casual atmosphere.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is a nice, very casual sushi/hibachi restaurant. There are big-screen tvs showing sports at the sushi bar. On our most recent visit, I had some of the vegetarian roll options, which were good. My husband ordered his usual array of rolls and sashimi. Everything looked fresh. I have never had a bad experience here. The servers are always super nice. It's also reasonably priced, and better than some of the more expensive establishments in the area.

The one tiny criticism I can give is the lights are a little bright at the tables. If they just turned them down a bit, it'd be a little warmer in atmosphere.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Visited Halloween evening with four friends, all of whom love this place. I'd never had good sushi before and was reluctant to sit down, but I was more than pleasantly surprised!

The staff was friendly and easy to understand, the menu was clear and descriptive, and the food was very good. Their "Scorpion Bowl" was tasty, the restaurant was very clean, and we got to watch one of the grill guys throw and flip around some utensils (which was awesome!)