“Sanitary issues.”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I was so disgusted with this visit with my son. We have been here many times and loved it but new management. I watched my food made without gloves and touched by the maker as she forgot cheese. I did not eat. Ice cream was touched with bare hands to keep on cone with the employee thinking I didn't notice. I paid and threw out while she watched. My son's ice cream was from back so god only knows what goes on there so I didn't allow him to eat. Place was empty and was always busy in past so I assume others are having similar experiences.

Hilary L, Owner at Shelly’s Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We take cleanliness seriously and wash our hands constantly. The new management has made countless improvements to the sanitary conditions at Shelly's since taking over, and many customers have noticed and praised us on the improved cleanliness here. We are very sorry to hear that your experience didn't leave you with the same impression.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

On hot evening my wife and I decided to go over to Shelly's for ice cream. the amount of ice cream you received was amazing and it was excellent ice cream.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went in for ice cream and had to wait over 10 minutes to give our order. While waiting, we observed one of the workers struggling to scoop ice cream into a waffle cone. She abandoned the scooper and used her hand to push the ice cream into the waffle cone. She repeated this procedure with the second scoop. Prior to this, she was handling money at the cash register. When we were finally waited on, we were served cones with no sleeves or napkins wrapped around them. Prior to serving us, the server was handling money at the cash register.
We will never go to Shelly's again. The service was terrible and the unsanitary handling of the food was shocking.

We apologize for this customer's wait time; we do our best to have the right staffing level, but as with any ice cream shop we sometimes do get backed up with lines during our busiest times.

We take cleanliness seriously and wash our hands constantly. We serve ice cream cones the same way many other shops do, again we apologize if we gave off the impression of unsanitary service.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I've gone for icre cream and lunch .. Food is good but service is way better, I think peoe forget that they are open in the winter so thay cut their hours but services is great and food is good ;)

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Went in for Ice Cream. The 3 scoop cup was enormous. They called it a medium, what a joke. It was more like gigantic. Great value and fun staff. A must stop for ice cream and their hot dog special also