“Better to dine in than take out” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Westmore, Vermont
“Better to dine in than take out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been several times dining is seems much better than take out, which has been cold, or the order wrong. But, when dining in the service is great, and the food is memorable.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Joan L

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Terrific specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We went to Elsa's more often when we lived up the street but it's still one of the better restaurants in Shrewsbury. Their specials never disappoint. The dining room can get a little loud when they are packed but worth a visit.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jesse G
Turner, Maine
“Food was soggy and another surprise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We ordered take out from Elsa's at the recommendation of the hotel staff. The weather was not great so we decided to have things delivered. The call was quickly answered and they were right on the mobey with how long it would take. The delivery man was polite. I wish I could say as many positive statements about the food. Our first surprise was when we opened the kids mac and cheese for my grandson, it was Kraft from a box. My son had a BBQ chix calzone which was a fair size and he said was good. My son in law nhad fish in chips which was a small portion for the price and the fries were very very soggy. He said the fish was OK, not great but OK. My daughter had a santa fe chix wrap. It was fairly full and had granny smith apples in it. It was in a spinach wrap and had some lettuce in it. I had a chix palermo sandwich. The chicken was a little tough, but the basil was fresh. It had tomatoes as well on a chaibata (sp) roll. The roll was very very soggy whifh was so disappointing. I will likely not return even for eat in as I have a real difficult time paying 4.99 for kraft mac and cheese. There are so many great places to eat in the Worcester/ Shrewsbury area to choose from this is not worth a return experience for me. If I need a meal delivered I will settle for good ole' pizza.

Auburn, Massachusetts
“Lacking...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Mediocre food. Less than mediocre service.
Imagine an overpriced pizza parlor trying to get tips out of your pocket by "seating" you.
By the time I got my simple club sandwich, which had to be returned because it was made wrong, I realized that I probably made a mistake.
Dreary decor. Dreary waitress. Dreary food. Dreary Chef. Just plain DREARY!
They seem to focus on the take-out side of the business and treat the sit downs as a bothersome group. Actually had to get up and go to the counter to pay my check because my waitress was too busy bagging food!
Forced into a tip. Too many places in the area to eat. Don't waste your time.

• Visited November 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Have gotten worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I wrote a review before raving about this place. They have taken a steep decline in their service. Rude girls, disappear for 10-15 minutes, dont refill drinks, done care if you dont like their food. They need to train up the staff on what food service is all about.

• Visited October 2013