“Great food & atmosphere!”
Review of Buca di Beppo - CLOSED

Buca di Beppo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boston Turnnpike and Quinsigamond Avenue
Reviewed July 25, 2013

First time at this Buca, although have been to other one in Florida. The service was great, our waitress Yescia was very friendly and efficient! The family style servings of food were hot, delicious, and fresh! Appetizer was calamari and was incredible. Also had the caesar salad and veal parmigiana == fantastic! Great place on the river and recommend it highly!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

A recent early dinner with friends started-out badly and just kept getting worse.

DIRTY AND NOT MAINTAINED. We arrived at 5:00 on a Friday with the sun glaring through the windows. The hostess took us to a booth and, just after we had climbed in, suggested that we should move to a different booth because the sunshade was broken. We moved to the next booth, and one seat was covered in crumbs of bread. (At 5:00, you'd think things would be cleaned-up for the dinner crowd.) There was a pile of 3 plates on our table for bread and appetizers. Since one of the plates had red food stuck on it, I went back to the neighboring table to get another plate from the pile there. EVERY ONE of the plates on that table were dirty, and I had to get a plate from a different table. When the waitress came back, I told her about all of the dirty plates. She apologized profusely. Nevertheless, when she brought the pile of 3 plates for our dinner, one of them had obvious red sauce stuck on it!

Two big problems with this whole scenario: (1) there is obviously something wrong with the dishwasher or water temperature at this location (yuck!); and (2) after all the dirty plates we saw, one would think the server would be sure the next set of plates given to us were all clean. If the front of the house looks like this ... I can't imagine the back.

THE FOOD: We asked for a salad with no onions. The waitress brought our large bowl of salad, set it down and then said "Is it an onion allergy or do you just not like onions? There are onions in the dressing, but they're just very very tiny." On looking at the salad, there were small-ish diced onions all over it. We said that was too much onion for us and asked for a plain salad with some other dressing on the side (like vinaigrette, parmesan peppercorn or the like). They have no other dressings except Caesar. Huh...

The manicotti was good. The cheese on the fettucini alfredo was oily and chunky ... as if it had separated in the microwave. Again ... yuck.

Maybe this was just a very, very "off" day for Buca ... but we definitely will not be back.

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the location in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been there a while ago. Can say food is good. I really loved the Fried Calamari.. Overall friendly staff and a very decently priced restaurant..

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The most generous workers, the food could not get any better, and they make you feel comfortable. I even did my birthday party here. It's my favorite place to eat.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I went to Buca . We were there on cold , wet night. Few people where there.

The portions arre huge and there does not seem to be single portions. Every portion was
for two people. Food was ok but my wife wanted a side order of pasta with sauce which was
7.99 .

I had Lasagna and my wife had chicken parmesan portion was huge,