“The food was good, but the service... not so much”
Review of Baker's Oven Bistro - CLOSED

Baker's Oven Bistro
Cuisines: American
Massachusetts
“The food was good, but the service... not so much”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Tried Baker's Oven Bistro based on TripAdvisor reviews. First the food: we had the sausage and mushroom pizza on whole wheat pizza crust. The flavor were good, especially the "homemade" grass-fed beef sausage. However, the pizza was a bit overcooked - some black around the edge and about 25% black underneath. A few less minutes in the oven and it would have been great. The smoked turkey reuben was very good and came on homemade rye. No worse or better than most turkey reubens. The service was not so good. We asked for a glass of ice with our water but it never came. We re-asked when the meals were served and it did show up then. It took forever for our meals to come, but I think it was the kitchen - at least until our food sat in the "ready mode" for 5-10 minutes before our server brought it us - which we had to request. The server never came back to see how our meals were. I wanted to like this place, but I won't be rushing back. I can get just as good, if not better food and much better service over the bridge at the West End Pub.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank NewEnglandYourMyHome

Hilltown Mass.
“Satisfying meal, well prepared and fairly priced”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

After hiking to Mcleod Pond (in the Catamount State Forest), my girlfriend and I were hot, hungry and thirsty. Even though it was a Saturday night and we didn't have reservations, the hostess seated us right away.

I was happy to start with my favorite BBC on tap. Then, the Hummus plate appetizer exceeded our expectations - - Freshly baked Pita bread right out of the oven? Wow!

I had the fish special with a lemon butter. It was moist and tasty and not overcooked. It came with healthy portion of mixed vegetables that were done just right, too. Even the rice was excellent. It was a satisfying meal, well prepared and fairly priced.

My girlfriend had a pizza and we thought the thin "crackery" crust was terrific.

This pace was relaxed; not "Move 'em in, Move 'em out". Our waitress was busy but never let us feel forgotten. Glad we checked it out. I'll be back with my daughters to let them try the Kids menu.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WesternMass_James
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Big portions”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went on a Saturday night and had to sit at the bar area. No problem, just make sure you make reservations before you go! We ordered a Mediterranean antipasto plate to share and a salad each. We couldn't believe how big the antipasto plate was!! We should not have ordered the salads! It was all delicious!

Visited May 2013
Greenfield, Ma
“Best pizza in the area.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great little place in a small town ! The do a lot more than pizza. Everything I have had has been great to excelent. If your in the area look seek this place out

• Visited May 2013
western ma
“Rude waitress”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were excited to bring some out of town guests to this sweet town and were totally embarrassed by the way we were treated by our waitperson.
Just asking for a spoon should not get a verbal comeback and then after waiting too long for a tea ...we should not have another rude comment.
Too bad. If one is in a bad mood don't take it out on your customers ! We will not go back.

• Visited April 2013
Michele M, Owner at Baker's Oven Bistro, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello this is Michele from the Bakers Oven Bistro. I am dedicated to training my staff to give good service at my restaurant. It is not o.k to take out your bad day on your costomers. I have spent the last few days trying to determine which of my waitresses this could of been..If you could e mail me with more information I would appreciate it. thebakersoven1@gmail.com I was in the Kitchen that day and was not there in the evening. If you could help me I am eager to address the problem with my staff. I have had many of my costomers compliment my waitstaff in the past. And I do not tolerate that kind of behavier. If you come back to the Bakers Oven, I would love the oppertunity to change your mind about our restaurant. Based on our other reviews I hope you will understand this was an isolated incident. Sincerely, Michele