See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Shelburne Falls is an amazing location, full of artistic vitality and the Johnson Homestead is one of the best B&B’s that we have stayed in. The location is wonderful and the accommodations are excellent. Susan is a wonderful hostess who went out of her way to make our stay an unforgettable one. Breakfast was delicious and very original in content.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2008

This B&B is a wonderful place to relax. It seems as if it is in the middle of nowhere, but it's just minutes from Shelburne Falls and adventure activities on the Deerfield River. My fiancé and I stayed here with his parents. The rooms were comfortable, the hospitality was impeccable, and the breakfast was out of this world.

The Homestead has an old-fashioned farmhouse feel. We took a walk around, looked at the gorgeous flowers, and walked down to the little creek that runs down the back. After dark the view of the stars is breathtaking. Living in the city, I am not sure I have ever seen so many stars out at once. The owners made us a reservation at a great restaurant in town. Your cell phones won't work here, but U.S. calls are free from the house phones. There is also a living room with comfy couches and Direct TV.

My fiancé and I are vegetarian, and the owner planned breakfast around what we could eat. It began with a fresh fruit cup, garnished with mint. Then we moved on to vegetable quiche with fresh herbs and veggies from their own garden, accompanied by sautéed mushrooms, and broiled tomatoes with cheese. We also had muffins, coffee cake, and really good coffee. Everything was delicious. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family