Staveleigh House Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$109
Monument Mountain Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$70
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Barrington Lenox/Berkshires(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$144
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$70
Orbitz.com
$75
Briarcliff Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
White Hart Inn(Salisbury)
$345
$250
$85
Silvanus Lodge(Hillsdale)(Great Value!)
$130
All reviewsfresh eggsgreat barringtonwhipped creamnew englandterry clothantique shopsbreakfast was delicioushouse is beautifulensuite bathroomwonderful cookwarm hospitalityold housegoat cheesethe air conditioningcould not have been moreprivate entrancethe bed was extremely comfortable
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I have come to Staveleigh House in the Berkshires at least once a summer starting in 2001. It is always a total delight due to the comfortable and charming accommodations; the warm, genuine and educated conversations with Ali, the innkeeper; and the delicious breakfasts, frequently made with the freshest eggs imaginable (from Ali's hens, a.k.a. "the girls".) Harry's garden is a wonderful frenzy of color and the location has great access to the area's fine restaurants, crafts fairs and cultural events. The innkeepers are happy to advise you on the hidden gems nearby. Stay at Staveleigh, you'll be treated as welcome friends!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

A family wedding in Sheffield brought 4 of us to the Staveleigh House for several nights. Driving into the parking area, we were greeted by numerous farm animals and a variety of pet dogs and cats who were obviously happy in their environment. And when I stepped through the front door into the house, I felt that I was home. Our accomodations were clean and fresh, comfortable and quiet. Awakening most mornings an hour or so before my roommate, a was able to wander downstairs to the parlor to read a newspaper or pour through the many books and pamphlets that describe the diversity of the area, as Harry and Ali prepared the morning meal in the kitchen. They are both delightful and were attentive to all of our needs, while sharing our excitement of the weekend. Breakfast was beautifully prepared and delicious. The environment was peaceful and lovely. I hope that I will always find a room at this exceptional Inn when I am visiting the Berkshires.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own bath although some are across or down the hall, so you might ask for an ensuite bathroom if you desire that.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Last weekend - a 3 nights - stayed at Staveleigh House -- with my dear friend. We were there for her son's wedding in the area. We had a wonderful time! Ali and Harry were delightful. Upon arrival Ali brought me fresh cider and warmed up homemade gingerbread -- the next morning coffee in bed on a tray! Yeah! And, then a beautifully presented homemade breakfast with fresh fruits, quiche, cornbreads and more! The Inn is extremely clean, homey and well kept! If you're looking for gracious hospitality you'll find it at Staveleigh House!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Staveleigh house for a girl's get-away. Ali and Harry, the Innkeepers, were extremely gracious and accommodating and the breakfast was scrumptious! Every need was tended to with just the right amount of attention and discretion. The relaxing atmosphere both inside the home and in the wondrous garden created a magical respite. We would not hesitate to recommend Staveleigh House.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Based on your reviews and awards given to this inn we planned a 3 night stay. Although the inn keepers, Ali and Harry, were warm and friendly the accommodations were not at all what we expected. Our room was infested with lady bugs - we disposed of at least a dozen before notifying the innkeeper. She blamed it on the unseasonably warm weather and offered to vacuum them up. But they kept coming back from their nests somewhere behind the walls and ceiling. The shower curtain was dirty but she changed it on our request. The inn is on the very busy Route 7 and whenever a truck passed by (which was quite frequently) all the windows in our room shook. We stayed the 3 nights, as did our friends, but were really disappointed in the quality of the inn. We'd stayed the previous 3 nights at the Union Gables in Saratoga Springs, NY, which I would classify as a 4 to 5 star inn, and the price differed by only a few dollars.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple