“Good pub, but noisy!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Mick Morgan's is a warm, friendly place. The first thing I noticed was the gleaming hardwood everywhere. It's got an open feeling to it, and there are TV's literally everywhere (including the bathroom!), so it gets really noisy. Not a place to have a quiet conversation. Aside from that, it's all good. The waitstaff are knowledgeable and attentive, there's a good selection of beers and menu items, and the food is excellent. The waitress recommended the beef stew, which was a treat on a snowy evening. Portions are generous, and prices reasonable. It's a good place to go with a group of friends or family.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was cool out and really felt like fall yesterday so when my friend and I spotted Mick Morgan's the thought of a nice Irish stew filled our minds and we just had to stop. The place is nice. Big with raised seats and tables which I'm not a fan of. Tons of televisions showing all sorts of sporting events. My guess is that it's a hot spot for people before and after Patriot games to hang out. They had a great assortment of beers on tap. The prices on their mixed drinks were pretty high; I mean eight dollars for a hot toddy? Really? I got the Irish Stew and my friend got curried chicken (not quite an Irish dish). He loved his but I was a bit disappointed with mine as it tasted just like a simple beef stew that I could make in the crock pot at home and I actually thought Irish Stew would have lamb. The place was not busy but our server came over twice to take away plates that clearly were not empty and we had to tell her no. I found that somewhat rude. It was an average meal and I left full but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to return.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Tried this place for the second time. The first time was a disaster! There was a bunch of confusion and we waited 20 minutes for drinks. The manager came over and apologized and the chicken finger were delicious, so I gave it a second chance. The service this time was average. We ordered the potato skins as an appetizer and I think they were the best I've ever had! Since they had apple crisp on the dessert menu and we had potato skins as an appetizer, I decided to go for a light entree. I order the chicken caesar wrap with a side salad instead of fries. It was horrible! There was almost no dressing on the salad or the wrap, so I asked for extra. It was so watered down it tasted horrible. I ended up only eating the chicken and the croutons! I definitely won't order that again. I ended up ordering the apple crisp for dessert which is my favorite... It was mediocre at best. Next time I'll order chicken fingers again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great bar, food is good, outdoor seating and bar great for warmer weather, friendly and efficient staff, comfortable, authentic Irish. I have visited over and over and will go again. Guaranteed good time.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

FOOD: my English husband said the bangers & mashed potatoes were the best he has had in the states (high praise, indeed). My fish & chips were the best I've had in New England. Hubby agreed. For an appetizer we got the fries and curry. Very unusal and delicious! My small salad was fresh and delicious. No room for improvement here!
ATMOSPHERE: live Irish music. Wonderful. Loved the booths and Tiffany lamps.
SERVICE: Shawn was our server. She was prompt, knowledgeable & friendly.
WE WILL BE BACK!

Been to Mick Morgan's? Share your experiences!