“One of the best...”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“One of the best...”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The cleanest, quietest, hotel I have stayed in for a long while. Keurig coffee pots in every room, whew whew!! Daily news paper every day, whew whew... Friendly staff, will do anything for you. Anything you might need is a few minutes away. Plenty of shopping nearby. Soon to open restaurant on the premises. Whats not to like? There wasnt anything I didnt like. I was there for 6 wonderful days for a family reunion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryLouBenevidesSylv
Davidowner52, Guest Service Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback on our property. We work hard to provide you the comforts of home like the Keurig coffee and the daily newspaper. We are centrally located between shopping and restaurants so we are glad you were pleased with our location. We enjoyed having you and your family here for your reunion and we hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

-Melissa Wilson, Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family stayed here on a recent trip to New York and were extremely pleased with the entire experience, from the easy check in, nice hotel appearance, clean, spacious room, in a neighbourhood with a lot of family friendly restaurants nearby. The continental breakfast was the best of our entire stay, mmmm, cheesy eggs! The staff at night and in the morning were very helpful and pleasant, and we went on our way refreshed and well taken care of!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ray M
Davidowner52, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words of our property. I am glad you had such a positive experience. It is always good to hear that our guests enjoy all of the amenities we have, including our free hot breakfast. I will let my team know how pleased you were with their services during check-in and check-out. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Tonia O'Brien
Guest Service Manager
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This Clarion Hotel is a 5 star hotel. Friendly courteous staff and clean rooms. We have been in MA for a family reuinon and the whole familty stayed here and we couldn't have asked for better. Thanks Clarion!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bearpapa
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We strive to make every stay memorable for our guests. I am glad to know we have exceeded you and your family's expectations. I am glad you noticed how hard our housekeepers work to make your home-away-from home clean and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us. We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again, the next time you are in the area.

Tonia O'Brien
Guest Service Manager
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed at this place many times, and always give it a good review onevery trip. but this time I have to say I was not happy at all.

At check in I asked the young lady who is now the front desk manger and she was really great and I am happy she remembers who I was about a microwave and fridge if possible she said she would leave a note for the morning for maintenance No problem there.

Following day when I went down to see if I had to move or they were going to place one in the room it took 3 of them to give me a yes or a no answer! I think it was the manager she said she would get one in the room for me but that never happened. I am also in this industry you should of give me a direct answer yes or no. I felt like she didn't try at all. I just left it as it was. I figured I checked in Tuesday and leaving Sunday they would of placed one but nope didn't happen.

Housekeepers, need a better training. For example they would would take trash out if it was in the trash can. I had an empty soda bottle by the night stand and it was there until I checked out. The soap they provided I had empty containers in the shower but they just left it. I had a empty mcdonalds bag by the door that was also left behind.

I was really unhappy this time.

Room Tip: need major upgrades.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Davidowner52, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Nirav Patel,

We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us. You are a loyal guest and we enjoy having you back time and time again. We also want to apologize if you felt you were not given a straight answer by the staff. As for the housekeeping issue you brought to our attention, we will discuss this at our next staff meeting. We do hope that this one stay does not deter you from staying at our property in the future as we are always happy to have you back. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at 508-336-7300 or info@clarionprovidence.com

-Melissa Wilson, Front Desk Manager
Escondido
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Due to re-routing as a result of the San Fancisco, CA plane crash on the day before, my trip to attend Johnson-Wales College orietation with my granddaughter was eventually cancelled. Though the cancellation was not my fault, it took three phone calals to Clarion - the last from an Expedia manager - to obtain a full refund. Expedia only called after I suggested that if Expedia, who filled their vacant rooms, had no influence with Carion Inn, then it seemed reasonable that I strongly consider whether I should do future business with either Clarion Inn or Expedia.

Though Clarion had a 1-night payment policy, I was sure that any business with integrity would not hold a client to that policy in such a situation. I was unhappy to have to insist that Expedia advocate for me. Once Expedia agreed to do so, it was only a few minutes before I was informed on a callback that the entire cost for the reservation which had been paid in full would be refunded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Davidowner52, Owner at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I first want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am terribly sorry for all of the trouble you had to go through to cancel your reservation. I understand that your need to cancel was out of your control. When reservations are booked through expedia, your payment is processed through the third party. Unfortunaltely, we were unable to refund you your money because we did not have access to it. I apologize if we were unclear with our explanation of why we were unable to cancel the reservation.

In the future, if you are ever in the area, I would love if you would try staying with us again. I can assure you your stay will exceed your expectations. Again, I am terribly sorry for the confusion. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly.
Keene, NH
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for business, clean sheets with a comfortable bed. the only thing I found unpleasant was the noise air conditioner unit in rm 229, but when adjusted to high it quieted down. There had been an Italian restaurant in the building and the signs were still up, but unfortunately it had closed prior to my arrival. No worries though there are TONS of places to eat around there (see my Ichigo Ichi review). It's quiet and easy to find, I will stay here again. nice hot breakfast from 6:30 - 10:00

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A decent size hotel, that was quite busy. Rooms were updated, clean and fairly comfortable, but the bed was on the springy side. From the hallway loud TVs can be heard, but luckily once in your room it is quiet. A Keurig machine is located in the bathroom with a few pods to choose from. Free WiFi is a plus.

Complimentary breakfast is served until 10am. Contains various fruit, yogurts, cereals, breads and muffins. They also have some scrambled eggs, french toast sticks and sausage patties as well as waffle machines and batter. The coffee served is incredibly weak.

Location wise it is only about a 10 minute drive from downtown Providence and there are some fast food places nearby. There is also plenty of parking available.

Shop around for rates, because they seem to vary quite a bit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Fox Point
Hilton Garden Inn Providence
Hilton Garden Inn Providence
#9 of 13 in Providence

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!