“Fantastic experience from start to finish”

Historic Jacob Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Seekonk B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience from start to finish”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I arrived from England the previous day and met up with my English friends, who live in Virginia. Bill was awaiting our arrival and immediately gave us a tour and history of the property, which was extremely interesting, and he should be very proud of the hard work he has put into making this a first class bed and breakfast inn, coupled with the soft furnishings made by Eleanora. I stayed in the Boston Suite which was beautifully decorated with antique furniture, dual aspect to the gardens and the bathroom had the most sumptuous hot tub.

Eleanora and Bill are the most courteous, friendly and helpful hosts I have ever encountered when staying away from home and nothing was too much trouble for them. Their sense of humour is delightful and I can honestly say that my stay at the Jacob Hill Inn was the most wonderful experience. I left, feeling I had known them for years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jackie A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Jacob Hill Inn sits right outside city life in a manicured, bucolic setting. As soon as you pull into the pristine driveway, you immediately let out a relaxed sigh. The owners of Jacob Hill Inn, Bill & Elenora, have anticipated the desires and needs of every guest, and if there’s something they’ve missed they’d like to know about it. “A Perfect Stay” is apparently their motto.
I traveled with family to attend graduation in Providence. During the stay, I managed to use the charming little fireplace in my room as I read in bed. I soaked in the herbal bath salts in the Jacuzzi tub, enjoyed several “home” made breakfasts, and a brown bag breakfast on the way to Logan airport. I was disappointed that my stay did not allow for the time to enjoy one of the fruit/cheese/meat trays that were provided for our taking from the communal guest refrigerator.
I could really go on and on. Jacob Hill Inn, rates 5 stars in my book and I’m sure you will feel the same way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jan P
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband and I recently spent five nights at the Jacob Hill Inn. The innkeepers are totally delightful and the accommodations spectacular. We stayed in the Boston room which has a wonderful view of the property. The inn is meticulously kept and the food "to die for." Bill and Eleonora could not be better suited to a profession. They provide information, help with reservations, and create a wonderfully welcoming atmosphere. We usually travel twice a year and stay in bed and breakfast inns often. This is the best we have ever experienced. Kudos to Bill and Eleonora.

Room Tip: We prefer to stay in the renovated barn, but there is no bad room at this inn.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beverly S
Purcellville, Virginia
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Having read many of the reviews about this beautiful Inn I don't think I can add to the overall verdict of "Excellent". I can only say that having traveled the world and stayed in more hotels than I care to remember, this sparkling bed and breakfast inn is a true gem. The owners, Bill and El, are two of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet and their genuinely beautiful personalities are reflected in their glowing Inn. My family and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank flossymeg
Pen Argyl, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our stay at the Jacob Hill Inn was amazing. There was a warm welcome as we drove up the driveway Eleonoro. Our room was very nice which included a fireplace and Jacuzzi. A complimentary glass of wine and a platter of cheese and crackers helped us relax in the comfort of their wonderful Inn. Eleonora was very helpful with all our dining plans. Upon returning we enjoyed the upstairs which included a game of pool as well as many games of ping pong. Afterwards we enjoyed some chocolate chip cookies back in our room. Breakfast the next morning was very good. Although there wasn't an actual fitness center, Ping-Pong, a pool table are thing to do inside as well as a tennis court and an in ground pool exist outside for activities during the warmer months.
We enjoyed the company of Eleonor's husband Bill. He was very informative of the area as well as having abundant information of other Inns throughout the country. The hospitality was very nice. If you are looking for a great Inn to stay close to the Providence area the Jacob HilI Inn is a great place to stay at.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank William O
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 14, 2014

While looking around for a hotel I came across this one. I called and came in to check out the Vanderbilt suite and it was exactly what I was looking for. The owners were friendly and I can say that they truly take care of this place. I got it for me and my fiancé and we both loved it. Truly the best place I ever went to and at night it is truly romantic. I will be reserving again really soon

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank msscorpio27
Somers, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2014

You knew from the first minute when Eleanora and Bill greeted us that we had chosen the perfect place! You can see how much pride they take in their Inn. Our whole family stayed there when we had to be local for some unforeseen events and we could not have felt more welcome. The Inn is immaculate, cozy, and warm. We were taking up five rooms and the only guests at the Inn during our visit. You can see their personal touch in every room. They arranged for a wonderful breakfast in the refurbished barn. Delicious food and the best coffee! Our family are big coffee drinkers and they did not disappoint. We plan to return again under better circumstances. They have a true gem in Jacob Hill Inn and their hospitality is second to none!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dale K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to Historic Jacob Hill Inn? Share your experiences!