“Good for the family”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
New Haven
“Good for the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

This was a reasonably decent hotel for the price. It was quiet and clean- if I didn't actually see other patrons I would have thought we were the only ones there. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. We had a little problem with our room door- nothing that a good slam couln't fix. The pool (not heated) and fitness room were smaller that I thought it would be and the spa was out of order. The full breakfast was decent but the coffee was horrible. The location is close to shopping, restaurants, etc. and just minutes from downtown Providence. Beware if using a GPS device- many of the highways in the area have been reconstructed so GPS directions were not always accurate. Pictures on hotels.com showing a view of the water were not taken from this hotel. One was actually a picture near downtown Providence.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

The Best Western in Seekonk was a lovely stay. We aimed for cheap and cheerful but it was nicer. The hotel was lovely, clean and comfortable which is just what we wanted. The staff were pleasant, the room was clean and tidy. The breakfast the next morning was basic but enough to get you moving.

We wanted something just outside Providence but close enough for us to be able to go into the town and look around. It turns out that we spent most of our time in Seekonk. It is a lovely area and the hotel has the nicest TGI Fridays that I've ever been in next door to it. There are plenty of other restaurants, stores and a shopping complex and even a great cinema down the road, where again we were served by the loveliest member of staff.

If you are after city living and great night life, this may not be the place for you but we were looking for a nice stop over where we could sample some of America's smaller town life and that's just what we got. And the Best Western is a great place to do that from.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

Stayed for a couple of nights while visiting friends in RI. Hotel was clean, people friendly. Nice indoor pool. Breakfast was adequate. Rooms were clean, spacious. Soundproofing a little light, but for $50/night, was much more than I expected.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in February. I was very impressed despite a few glitches. The property is relatively new and well maintained. The lobby is large with a fireplace (electric) and nice sitting area. Check in was fast and the desk staff was pleasant. There are luggage carts available to help get your luggage in and out. Plenty of parking though it could get tight if the place was sold out I think. It is a three story building with a large elevator off the lobby. The rooms were very nice. Large and spacious. TV with HBO, fridge and microwave (great as we had a 19 month old along), iron and ironing board, hairdryer, the heat worked well and controls were accurate. Well insulated and quiet. Free wi-fi that operated at a decent speed. Bathroom was very spacious. Lots of hot water and good water pressure. Good towels with toiletries available via dispenser in the shower (liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner). Bedding was very comfy. One of the best hotel beds I have slept in recently. The place was clean and overall I would rate the room as well above average and bordering on excellent. We had a newspaper (Providence Journal) at our door Saturday and Sunday. Another plus. A breakfast was served in a room off the lobby in the morning. Cereal (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, and Corn Flakes), milk, coffee, juices (orange, cranberry and apple), white and whole wheat bread with toaster, butter, mini-muffins, assorted Danish pastry (small), scrambled eggs, sausage, and make your own waffle station, and fruit. The staff struggled a bit to keep up on Saturday morning and we waited a bit for eggs and sausage and they ran out of clean plates for a bit as well… but on Sunday it was fine. All in all a decent breakfast that is far better than your usual hotel continental breakfast some places offer. There is a pool off the lobby. Decent size running from 3 feet to 5 feet in depth. I would guess if you have a lot of kids and people it could get crowded and noisy but that is the way it is everywhere with hotel pools. A clock on the wall would have been helpful as I never bring a watch with me to the pool. They also have a whirlpool immediately adjacent to the pool. On Sunday it got a bit foamy from soap on people which is common in public whirlpools at the end of a busy weekend. I am sure once the weekend crowd departed it was drained, cleaned and refilled. It was hot and had decent jets and could accommodate about 8 people before it got weird. I peeked into the fitness room and it look clean and well appointed though small. Universal, stationary bike, treadmill, TV and cooler. We went out during the day on Saturday and when we returned our room had not been touched by housekeeping. Clearly an accidental oversight and we were able to get clean towels and get our wastebaskets emptied immediately. The management was apologetic and for us it was not a big deal. I got what I think was a great deal on this hotel via Hotels dot com. My cost was $120.00 for the two nights including tax and fees which I consider to be an above average deal. $60 a night including breakfast is a good deal. The hotel is located near a busy stretch of roadway with every conceivable store and restaurant chain represented. Not too far from I-195 and I-95 via I-195. Tons of services around the hotel. A large liquor store is close by as is a grocery store and drug store. Not the prettiest of areas. Very commercial. But I doubt you will be spending your time looking out the window. The location is perfect for people with business or pleasure in Providence. It is a 10 minute or less drive to downtown Providence. I was in town for Providence College homecoming. All in all I was very pleased with this place. I will stay here in the future assuming they keep the prices stable.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Veritas01
Southern New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

We booked this hotel at the last minute on New Years eve for about $75 because we were in Providence and the weather was terrible. I didn't have very high expectations, but for the most part was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, the continental breakfast was very nice and included alot more items than I've seen in many similarly priced hotels The beds were very comfortable and the pool was nice.
The only complaint that I had was that the hot tub was actually a freezing cold tub! This was very disappointing because the hot tub was the main reason that I had booked this particular hotel over some of the others in the area. When I brought it to the staff's attention, he went in back and did something (I'm not sure what) stating that it sould take about 10 minutes to heat up. We waited about 45 minutes and it never heated up, and had to leave since it was checkout time. I'm not sure why the heat in the hot tub would have been shut off in the first place, but this was a dissapointing end to an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
East Granby, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights for a business trip. I also had a colleague who stayed here who was given a smoking room even though we had booked non-smoking rooms.

The room was in decent shape, as was the bathroom. The room had a horrible musty smell. I don't have a good sense of smell but this was overpowering. They did not have any other rooms available (for me or my colleague) . There was also a strange smell throughout the hotel.

• Liked — The Friday's Restaraunt next door and plenty of parking
  • Disliked — The smell.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2008

I ended up finding this property on priceline. The price and location was right. The hotel was very clean. Had a great pool.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — thought there business center could of been better
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn? Share your experiences!