“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great place to stay, close to everything.
rooms are spacious and clean.
pool was nice and warm.
Nice quiet sleep, beds were comfortable.
Nothing fancy, just a good place to sleep, shower and go at a reasonable price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel was great the kids loved the indoor swimming pool, everyone loved the breakfast. There was also a fitness room, but with the kids it was hard to use. I was able to use my laptop without a problem. The tv wasn't a bad size either.

Morrisville, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great place to stay. Close to Roger Williams University and has great stores nearby to buy the last minute college stuff that was forgotten. Everybody was extremely friendly and helpful. Will definitely will go back again when needed.

Terryville, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was very reasonable and the room was very clean and neat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was very good. Lots of items to choose from. The grounds were kept up nicely. Its located in a quiet area and very close to many amenities.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good stay for the money. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The fitness center isn't very good at all. Unfortunately I think this hotel may be going down hill compared to what it used to be like :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael M, General Manager at Best Western Providence-Seekonk Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return!
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It has been a little over a month since our family reunion received such gracious hospitality from the Best Western Plus Providence-Seekonk establishment. Michael Moniz and his staff were very accommodating and delivered far more than we expected. We really appreciated the clean comfortable rooms and the use of the conference room for family gatherings throughout our entire stay. But even more than that, the friendliness and 'can do' attitude of his staff was amazing. Everything we asked them to do was done with a sincere smile and the question: "Is there anything else we can do for you?"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you came back and stayed with us! We hope the next time you are in our area you stay with us again! Guests like yourself and your family is what keeps the Best Western the best hotel chain!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My extended family and I were in town for a family event and all stayed here due to its location. Everyone, without fail, said this was one of the worst experiences they have ever had at a lower-end hotel.

My husband and I checked in early in the morning at 8:30am. There were no rooms available, which was fine. We provided a cell phone number and number of the room we were in (my in-laws checked in the day before) so we could be reached when the first room became available. Not only did we never receive a call, numerous individuals were checked in before us when we called down to inquire at 11am and again at 1:30pm. Finally, they tried to put us in a room that absolutely stunk of smoke so much so that the maids had called down to warn the front desk not to check in anyone into that room. It was egregious so my husband and I refused to stay in that room. After 30 minutes with the front desk, they INSISTED there were no other rooms in the ENTIRE hotel that were available and that we would have to sleep in that room (at no discount). No solutions were offered even though we checked in first and rooms were incorrectly given away. That hotel was NOT full. When the manager walked by, and the clerk called over to him twice because she was no older than early 20s and clearly didn't know what to do, he KEPT ON WALKING and completely ignored her! I have never seen anything like that before, and I travel extensively for work. Unbelievably terrible customer service. When he finally came over, he said he could not help since he didn't know what was going on. That is the manager's job, so I insisted that I explain the situation. When I explained, he kept to the party line. After much back and forth, finally a room magically became available. All this took an hour while my family was waiting. The manager's name was Michael. If I were the owner and I had someone with that poor of an attitude (I was very friendly) in a supervisory position in a ratty t-shirt and cargo shorts, they would be fired on the spot.

That was the main complaint, but there were many other problems. My sister-in-law had to call down to have the sheets changed after she walked in for the first time because they were dirty and had stains on them.

While I was waiting the next day for everyone in the lobby, the ceiling immediately began leaking on my dress while I was sitting on the couch. Not a drip-drip but continual pour so I had to dive out of the way, but my dress was still wet. No apology when my mother-in-law pointed it out to the front desk.

One of the reasons this hotel was chosen was because of the pool, and we had a lot of children in the extended family. Pool was closed for maintenance with no warning even though we called the day before we flew to Providence to confirm the pool hours.

As an aside, the breakfast was horrendous as well. There was no fresh produce that was edible, and the room was dirty. DO NOT stay here. The owner should take notice.

1 Thank lawgurl
Unfortunately this was written by an ex-employee and is currently being reviewed to be erased.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Clarion Inn
#3 of 8 in Seekonk
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to Best Western Providence-Seekonk Inn? Share your experiences!