“Where do I start?”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Brooklyn, NY
“Where do I start?”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Lisa at the front desk was wonderful. Shower was great. I liked the fact that they use real plates and silverware on the breakfast buffet, unlike other hotel chains. The wall dispensers in the room were a nice touch for liquid soap etc. .
Everything else was a disappointment. I'm no princess. I do not require a flat screen tv (they didn't have) or a granite counter in the bathroom (they did have). I do however, require clean sheets and towels. My son's bed had bloodstains on the white sheets. There was a yellow stain on one of the bath towels. The other two had hairs on them. (They were all crunchy but again, I can deal with small things like that, not being very picky.) When we left for the day, there was no one at the front desk to tell about our issues. When I called the hotel from the car, the man said he would send someone up without apologizing for any of it. After making a complaint like dirty sheets & towels, wouldn't you expect that the staff would be extra careful to ensure that the new linens would be spotless? Nope. Enough said on that.
This is just the general feeling of the entire hotel. The room looks nice at first glance. Then you notice stains on the chair and carpet. Then you see the big hole in the bed skirt and rips on the wallpaper. You get the feeling that they don't really care. Same with the breakfast. Looks nice when you walk in but . . . Pancake machine was out of order for days, coffee was awful, oj tasted like tang, apple juice tasted like water. The scrambled eggs looked disgusting, and this is coming from someone who has never had a problem eating hotel chain buffet microwaved eggs. The second day there were no free tables and people were coming in behind us. No one offered extra seating anywhere. My son sat on a chair next to the door eating oatmeal off his lap.
The room had a bad odor as well, hard to describe. Thin walls too.
Lastly, the elevator inspection sticker expired many months ago. Lisa told me that they have been waiting for the state to come do the inspection for that long but the state inspectors are very late. The elevator was not smooth. I took the stairs.
Stay somewhere else. We won't be back, ever.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
I do personally want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I appreciate your comments so I can look into why no staff were able to accommodate you regarding the sheets/towels. As far as the breakfast is concerned, the Orange Juice is 100% juice, no water, no additives, we have it ordered directly from Florida's Orange juice. Unfortunately the pancake machine did go down and the company's service was unable to come out right away to fix the machine. You said the scrambled eggs "looked" disgusting, but it is not microwaved from a bag or anything of that type. We actually make the eggs from scratch in a skillet. I also looked into the dates you stayed and the meeting room was open for breakfast room overflow. Lastly, regarding the inspection sticker in the elevator, Lisa informed you incorrectly, as the new certificate is in the office.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
WOODLAND HILLS
Reviewed August 17, 2012

WE stayed at this hotel last year and it seemed okay. We thought we'd stay for a couple of days again this year. Sam, the owner is a very nice man. He's one of the reasons we returned. Our stay started out okay. Dominique was very helpful in getting us an early check in which we really appreciated. We got to our room after taking a Red Eye from Los Angeles ready for a nap. The room seemed fine. We did find a cleaning rag was left on the shower rod by the cleaning person. King of gross. We didn't mind. We were too tired. At about 2pm, after a brief rest, I decided to use the Jacuzzi tub. The tub and pool are indoors. When I got in the tub I was overwhelmed by the smell of Chlorine. My eyes burned badly. My eyeglasses came into contact withe the water and 1 arm actually fell off. Coincidence? Anyway I assumed that they had just added the chemical. I spoke to Micheal, the manager?, about this and he said it had been added at 4pm the PREVIOUS day. Wow. No more pool for me. I rinsed off and went to my room to shower. All the linens were overdone with Bleach. I thought it was me but my wife notice that all towels stunk as well as the sheets with bleach. The room was not the cleanest. Dust in corners being the worst problem.
The breakfast area was clean and had been updated since our last stay. We enjoyed the breakfast as they did have nice assortment of items. Although on morning 2 they didn't have any cold yogurt available which is what my wife eats.
Back to the room. The Television was terrible. Lousy quality. Few channels to choose from and the channels shown did not correspond to the program showing. I did ask Sam and he said he would be upgrading soon.
Overall we were pretty disappointed here. We like Sam the owner but he was rarely there. He was there most of the time last year.
Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank for your response. I did speak to you regarding the chlorine levels, and it was added the day before your stay at 4pm. We use an outside vendor for our pool and has been contacted regarding the odor of the chlorine and many too high of levels. All of our linens are sent out to be professionally cleaned, and never had a complaint of it smelling of a strong bleach smell. Our new satellite company has since changed the tv lineup and we are consistently updating the tv guide listing. We are also in the process of adding more channels and adding flat screen televisions.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel was in a great location! Hotel staff everyone from desk to housekeeping were nice and professional! Pool and hot tub was much enjoyed! Room was always cleaned. Breakfast was great. I am not a Best Western stayer, but this experience has definitely changed my mind about the chain. Will definitely be back for the holidays!

Room Tip: I prefer third floor at least no one above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Craig, thank you for your review. I am glad we have changed you to a Best Western stayer!
Flushing, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2012

First off the hotel was very easy to find, lots of parking,quiet area and best of all SMOKE FREE! Check in was quick and simple, the staff was very helpful and friendly although I did forget her name..... The room was very clean, spacious, very comfortable bed and quiet air conditioner. The room needs a new TV instead of a old CRT.... which had a ringing or bleeping noise when it was on, plenty of cable channels I did enjoy the shows for the down time. The bathroom had built in soap, shower gel, shampoo and lotion dispenser which I thought was awesome. The breakfast was delicious, it had pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, bread, cereal and huge variety of drinks. Although there were not enough seats and tables the manager opened the conference room to accommodate for the over crowding which was wonderful.
One thing that they should have in the room is a binder for local attractions and businesses which other Best Western's had. Overall had a great experience with my girlfriend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you NeoDaddy for your review. I am glad you had a great stay! I did open the meeting room for the breakfast overflow and I am glad that worked out for you. I am glad to hear the staff were friendly and efficient. We are in the process of adding flat screen televisions, and I am glad you enjoyed the selection and variety of channels offered. As an update, all rooms now contain guest directories, which just came in from Best Western Corp. the other day! We hope to see you again!
NYC
Reviewed August 11, 2012

For a Best Western PLUS, they are sub par. The room was clean but there was no local guide available in the room...is that new? Also, the dining room was very small...not enough to accommodate everyone who wants to eat breakfast. If it weren't the manager who allowed us to sit in the meeting room (right next to the dining room) to eat, we would've eaten standing up. I expected more from a Best Western PLUS. They should improve the amenities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
CN, thank you for your review. We always open the meeting room when the breakfast looks like it is getting full, or we are sold out. The local attractions are in the lobby in the visitor's information center. I apologize you were not able to locate it.
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because someone in our family was having a wedding in nearby Bristol, Rhode Island. The wedding couple had reserved blocks of rooms here and and at another hotel in Bristol. We chose to stay here because it was significantly cheaper than the Bristol hotel and we weren't really looking for high-end accommodations in this case. The hotel was about 15 minutes from downtown Bristol so it wasn't really much of an inconvenience to stay here.

The hotel room was fine. Things were clean and it had all the amenities you would expect. Free WiFi Internet was also included. The hotel has a small wading pool and hot tub. We didn't use them but we did go in and look. They seemed fine as well. They include breakfast in the price. We didn't eat it but what we observed seem pretty average. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. A couple times when we walked by the desk was unattended. The only real negative we could say about the hotel was the condition of the hallways. We noticed the carpets were kind of worn and the stucco on the walls was cracked in places.

The hotel is located on a commercial strip. There is nothing particularly nice or scenic around it. Most of the other nearby hotels seemed to be motor-lodge type hotels of lower quality. There are a number of restaurants within walking or short drive. Seekonk itself is totally boring and nothing like some of the more affluent areas it borders. To me, the main reason to stay in this area is either for business or because maybe you have relatives nearby.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if your looking for good basic lodging but if your looking for anything fancy then you might want to go some of the nearby towns where things are a little more upscale.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pricemc1
Thank you for your review pricemc1. I am glad the staff you encountered were friendly and accommodating. I am glad you like what you saw regarding the pool and Jacuzzi. I hope you stay again when in the Providence Metro area.
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We got a great deal when we stayed here at the Best Western, and for being a well-known chain hotel, I was very pleased with our stay. The rooms were very clean, staff was nice also. Breakfast was surprisingly delicious! They had a good array of items, including a waffle machine which my boyfriend loved. Overall I'd definitely say this hotel was excellent and would have no doubts staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Allyyy8, thank you for your review. I am glad you were pleased with your stay and will stay again! We look forward to having you stay again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Clarion Inn
#3 of 8 in Seekonk
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn? Share your experiences!